• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Besides having a number of players missing through injury now, we seem to have had quite a high level of injuries during the pre-season and games so far as well - Spicer, Eastwood, Hurst, Martin, Timlin and Corr - come to mind.

At this time of year you might blame the hard ground as a factor - but not this season!

It is good to have Timlin and Spiced back but how is Barry Corr getting on?
When will Fred be fit to play?
Is Harris injured as well?
And I have my fingers crossed for Martin to be fine for today as well - it wouldn't be the first time that such as "surprise" has been sprung by Sturrock and Coughlan.

And I'm just hoping that the natural balance of things will mean "lady luck" shines on us later in the season.

We didn't seem to have as many problems when we had the fitness coach , Lawrence Bloom I think, who kept the players less injury-prone, I think he left to go to Charlton, but I may be wrong.

I dont think anyone could fix Barry Corr.

Freddy started training last week so hopefully will feature soon.

I have no idea, why Neil Harris isnt playing.

Bomber told me before game that he has tight calf which is why he didn't start and only came on late on out of necessity. The reasons for all the injuries are odd. Also I believe the gym/physio/pool work stuff at David LLoyd has stop; likely to save money but can't help with recovery/prevention. BBC was at the match all suited up.

Heard a horrible rumour yesterday that Fred was out for 6 months, I'm guessing this was only a malicious rumour started by someone for a laugh.

Heard a horrible rumour yesterday that Fred was out for 6 months, I'm guessing this was only a malicious rumour started by someone for a laugh.
What is the underlying problem with Freddy Eastwood, he seems to be spending a great deal of time injured, and when he does play he is either carrying an injury, or he is quote, not fully fit. Im not having a dig at him,he cant help it if he is injured, like everybody else i just want him back playing as soon as poss.

Freddy had an op during the summer which is why he was "protected" at the end of last season, he's still not fully fit - although the odd times he's come on you can see his class.

Since my initial post, we have had Tomlin out injured and Harris again. Add to that Phillips, Prosser and Leonard and now Sturrock seems to indicate that Creswell is carrying a knock.

Martin came back and then went off injured.

Corr took a heavy challenge on Saturday and Fred is not 100% fit.

The list so far (after 10 league and cup games) seems quite dreadful. :sad:

By my reckoning, this is the current state of the squad - Fit, Injured, Not Match Fit

Paul Smith

Sean Clohessy
Anthony Straker

Graham Coughlan
Ryan Cresswell
Freddy Eastwood
Michael Timlin
Neil Harris
Barry Corr
David Martin
Kevan Hurst

Mark Phillips
Luke Prosser
Dan Bentley
Ryan Leonard
John Spicer
Britt Assombalonga

Gavin Tomlin
Chris Barker
Elliot Benyon

Is this a good time to say that I am colour blind ......................................

..... but seriously, that means we have 13 players who are match fit. Not a problem really when you consider that there used to be just the 1 substitute allowed.

By my reckoning, this is the current state of the squad - Fit, Injured, Not Match Fit

Paul Smith

Sean Clohessy
Anthony Straker

Graham Coughlan
Ryan Cresswell
Freddy Eastwood
Michael Timlin
Neil Harris
Barry Corr
David Martin
Kevan Hurst

Mark Phillips
Luke Prosser
Dan Bentley
Ryan Leonard
John Spicer
Britt Assombalonga

Gavin Tomlin
Chris Barker
Elliot Benyon

that doesnt look to bad.... 7 injuries, and you can only play 14 in a match (3 subs) but since 3 of those are just match pratice and 1 is assistant manager, it looks a bit better than this time last wednesday

And then there's Ryan Hall of course... might he play again?
errrr no, hall and bilel i think have made it clear that southend is no longer the club for them, i did say in another thread that if this goes on for much longer i can see termination of contracts and us seeing two more players go for nothing, stranger things have happened.

Back