• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Our Last 10 League Two Games

Technician

Yeovil Away 1-3 - Possibly the best team in the league at the moment and we may have won it!
Oxford Home 4-0 - Oxford had there chances in the first half, but we murdered them in the second!
Northampton Home 2-1 - Possibly only deserved a draw at best from this one!
Shrewsbury Away 1-1 - Difficult ground and conditions, but deserved the draw and possibly more!
Sc**thorpe Away 2-3 - League leaders, scoring plenty of goals and no surprise we lost 'just'!
Swansea Home 4-2 - League leaders at the time and the meanest defence! Fredy Hattrick!
Boston U Home 2-1 - Could have given Boston U a thumping but for Darryl's Red! Tes for GK?
Darlo' Away 0-4 - Never at the races and our poorest showing of the ten games listed here!
Kidder. Home 1-0 - Should have had a hatful in this game but it was settled by a Gower strike!
Notts C Away 2-1 - Another dominant display by the blues and an Adam Barratt brace!

Southend: P:10, W:6, D:1, L:3, F:19, A:16, Pts:19, GD:+3

The more disappointing aspect of these stats are that we've only kept two clean sheets and the number of goals we've conceded. The games we've lost were all away and at tough venues or teams at the top of the league who are playing better than us. Some will say that a couple of our victories were fortunate and this may be true, but other than the Darlo' game, we've given a good account of ourselves and deserve our present position.

I expect more of the same from our boys and hope we have a good run in the lead up to Xmas, when we'll be playing the likes of Grimsby (Home on Friday), Orient (Away), Bury (Away), Chester (Home), Wycombe (Away) and Mansfield (Home).

This is intended to be another view of our beloved Southend's performances and in no way is intended to deflect from the debates over whether certain players should be playing in the team. Our defence certainly needs to be tightened up significantly, but then I think Tilson knows that and will deal with it accordingly!

Comments...
wink.gif

IMO, the next couple of games will show a lot about this team. After suffering two defeats in a row the character of the squad will really begin to show now. If they can bounce back and win the next couple of games I see no reason why we won't be challenging for a playoff spot (or dare I say it... automatic promotion position) this spring. However, if the team becomes shaken by the recent results and lets it affect their form it could be hard going, especially with some tough games on the horizon. However, that being said I have confidence in this team and I think that Tilly will have them ready for Grimsby on Friday.
smile.gif

Back