• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Our new stadium

Has got planning permission tonight, another big step to our new home. Anybody under the age of 16 should see it built in their lifetime then
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Colchester and proud! @ Nov. 13 2006,20:55)]Has got planning permission tonight, another big step to our new home. Anybody under the age of 16 should see it built in their lifetime then  
laugh.gif
will it be only 10 or 11 thousand capacity?

laugh.gif

The race is on then....

The Ewe's aim to start building in Spring 2007....

So do we, if we get planning permission of course!!..

But, then again Cuckoo Farm is a much smaller project, so in theory it should be finished well ahead of Fossetts Farm..

10,000 capacity doesn't show much ambition does it though.

Still, good news for us all really, more tickets for us lot and it may even put a little pressure on our council to give the plans the green light..

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Groyne Strain @ Nov. 14 2006,00:54)]Isn't it called Cuckoo House or Cuckoo Farm or something?  It's very apt.
Cuckoo farm is the area where it is going to be built, it is also on land which was previously occupied by Severalls Hospital which was a institution where mental patients were treated, so Cuckoo is more apt than you think
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bluesmanager @ Nov. 13 2006,22:54)]That's me shot in the foot then. Ah well, guess I'll have to make do with beambacks from the Farm, which you could probably fit at least 2 of Col U's new stadium in.  
laugh.gif
Very true mate, in my opinion it will be too small, smaller than the Halls capacity now
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Nov. 13 2006,22:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Col******r and proud! @ Nov. 13 2006,20:55)]Has got planning permission tonight, another big step to our new home. Anybody under the age of 16 should see it built in their lifetime then  
laugh.gif
will it be only 10 or 11 thousand capacity?

laugh.gif
Yes only 10K capacity to start with Tony, but with the ability to be expanded to 18K with ease.
To be honest I think it is too small and should have been at least 15K, just to fit you boys in each season
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Nov. 14 2006,08:43)]The race is on then....

The Ewe's aim to start building in Spring 2007....

So do we, if we get planning permission of course!!..

But, then again Cuckoo Farm is a much smaller project, so in theory it should be finished well ahead of Fossetts Farm..

10,000 capacity doesn't show much ambition does it though.

Still, good news for us all really, more tickets for us lot and it may even put a little pressure on our council to give the plans the green light..

rock.gif
Not much ambition, but then again not much money either!

I think there is a lesson to be learned from the likes of Darlington though, 4-5K fans in a 25K capacity stadium is not very appealing.

I think the idea is to build the 10K capacity and then if the demand is there and we stay in the Championship (or get promoted
laugh.gif
), it can easily be extended up to 18K.

Anyway it should be a lot better place to watch football, but having said that I have been going to Layer Road for more than 40 years, so I will miss the old place as I am sure many of you will miss Roots Hall.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Colchester and proud! @ Nov. 14 2006,19:19)]I think there is a lesson to be learned from the likes of Darlington though, 4-5K fans in a 25K capacity stadium is not very appealing.
Having seen SUFC get thumped 4-0 there in a ground only 10% full I can echo those sentiments!
sad.gif

02/10/04 Darlington 4-0 Southend Utd, (Att 3,901)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Nov. 15 2006,14:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Col******r and proud! @ Nov. 14 2006,19:19)]I think there is a lesson to be learned from the likes of Darlington though, 4-5K fans in a 25K capacity stadium is not very appealing.
Having seen SUFC get thumped 4-0 there in a ground only 10% full I can echo those sentiments!  
sad.gif

02/10/04 Darlington 4-0 Southend Utd, (Att 3,901)
Better than losing 8-0 in front of 20K though eh glasgow
biggrin.gif

Back