• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Our next 5 games

Shrimper

Life President
Looking at our next five games I really these will decide if we have a chance of staying up or not. Our next five are Bolton (13th), Stevenage (21st), Scunthorpe (23rd), Mansfield (22nd) and Grimsby (18th).

With our recent improvement in how we played we could pick up points but we're going to likely need 7 points at least to keep in touch. Losing against the likes of Stevenage, Scunthorpe and Mansfield and that's that.

Anyone else

The chances of anyone fit and of use joining are pretty remote id sadly say.
Realistically I think it's what we have is all we'l have and I'm not expecting Hart or akinola to be involved....I really would love to be wrong in my guesses as I don't know if they will keep patient forever!
based on that, the embargo is irrelavant. Clutching at straws.....macca finds a second career wind and can get up to league speed, Clifford is ok, the covid kids come back. k taylor gets fit and finds that initial form again, white stays fit.
With those I think we could realistically nick 10 from 15 pts.
Without anymore Ronism's it will be a close thing avoiding relegation. Anymore not paying players or f'ing about with debts and hmrc or playing non registered players or strangely orchestrated match cancellations will ensure the club's league status is extinguished
any survival will be in spite of RM not thanks to RM. I appreciate he hasn't any funds and it's a tough gig, but at least run the place openly, honestly and in the club's best interests

As I said last night, with 33 games to go, we still need at least 40 points to have any chance of staying up. That means we need 10 wins and 10 draws minimum.... we need to get something from at least 2/3’s of our remaining games.

Over the next 5 games, we need at least 5-6 points IMO, just to stay within some sort of touch.

If we are still on <10 League points after these next 5 games, we will need 35+ points from 28 games... that’s essentially promotion form.

As I said last night, with 33 games to go, we still need at least 40 points to have any chance of staying up. That means we need 10 wins and 10 draws minimum.... we need to get something from at least 2/3’s of our remaining games.

Over the next 5 games, we need at least 5-6 points IMO, just to stay within some sort of touch.

If we are still on <10 League points after these next 5 games, we will need 35+ points from 28 games... that’s essentially promotion form.

It's deja vu all over again!

It’ll soon be no funds available, or we will save the funds for next season so we can get out of the national league at the first attempt :Cry:

The chances of anyone fit and of use joining are pretty remote id sadly say.
Realistically I think it's what we have is all we'l have and I'm not expecting Hart or akinola to be involved....I really would love to be wrong in my guesses as I don't know if they will keep patient forever!
based on that, the embargo is irrelavant. Clutching at straws.....macca finds a second career wind and can get up to league speed, Clifford is ok, the covid kids come back. k taylor gets fit and finds that initial form again, white stays fit.
With those I think we could realistically nick 10 from 15 pts.
Without anymore Ronism's it will be a close thing avoiding relegation. Anymore not paying players or f'ing about with debts and hmrc or playing non registered players or strangely orchestrated match cancellations will ensure the club's league status is extinguished
any survival will be in spite of RM not thanks to RM. I appreciate he hasn't any funds and it's a tough gig, but at least run the place openly, honestly and in the club's best interests
Why is ron paying akinola and heart if they are not playing? Why was they signed in the first place and paid if ron knew they wouldn't be able to play? It absolute madness!!

I wrote about the next five games and their importance on the FGR reports and ratings thread. In fact I discounted the Bolton game as a loss, seeing the form they have recently been in..... IMHO anything there would be a bonus. I estimated we would need at least eight points from those four following games, in order to give us a chance.
As I've been typing this, an unpleasant thought of dêja vu came into my mind. Last season it was a series of poor results against struggling clubs around Christmas, that probably persuaded Ron to renege on his promise to strengthen the squad in January. Could the same scenario repeat itself??? ? Another reason we really need to get some results against those sides?

Looking at our next five games I really these will decide if we have a chance of staying up or not. Our next five are Bolton (13th), Stevenage (21st), Scunthorpe (23rd), Mansfield (22nd) and Grimsby (18th).

With our recent improvement in how we played we could pick up points but we're going to likely need 7 points at least to keep in touch. Losing against the likes of Stevenage, Scunthorpe and Mansfield and that's that.

Anyone else

Strangely enough that's almost exactly what I said back on November 17th. Great minds think alike, eh...? :

"Once the games against Cambridge and Forest Green are out of the way we then have a remarkable run of matches against the teams on the list:

28 November: Bolton
5 December: Stevenage
12 December: Scunthorpe
15 December: Grimsby

Twelve points up for grabs in that run. I think we need at least seven to go into the New Year with a reasonable chance of survival. It would be helpful to nab a point or two off Cambridge or FGR too of course...... "

Im going to shock everyone. We will get 9 points. Akinola, Hart, and Chris Ogrady will come straight into the side with macca Taylor and white with an on fire olayinka and we will fly into 16th position never to stare the national league in the face again
Who is Chris O:Grady

For me it’s all pinning on White staying fit. Take him out that defence and we are a shambles!
Agree......he really is a legend and also doesn’t appear to be burdened with the ‘ he’s ex Col U so we hate ya cobblers’ where incidentally he was also a legend, need more like him!

Back