• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How is it Anti-Brown? His contract is up in 6 months and it's a discussion on who would replace him. Simple

Because it sets out the stall of a new manager coming in in six months as a fait accompli when it's far from being so. Because it doesn't engage the possibility that Phil Brown's contract could be renewed. Because it starts each and every new paragraph with the words "the new manager will". Because it offers a range of options for the way forward which don't include there being no new manager. And because it's Yorkie and he hates Phil and he knows full well how mischievous he's being!

Apart from that, it's not anti-Brown in any way, shape or form.

:smile:

Because it sets out the stall of a new manager coming in in six months as a fait accompli when it's far from being so. Because it doesn't engage the possibility that Phil Brown's contract could be renewed. Because it starts each and every new paragraph with the words "the new manager will". Because it offers a range of options for the way forward which don't include there being no new manager. And because it's Yorkie and he hates Phil and he knows full well how mischievous he's being!

Apart from that, it's not anti-Brown in any way, shape or form.

:smile:

So what's your point? :smile:

Real shame the Cowley's are out of our price range now. It was the obvious and available choice last summer.

Real shame the Cowley's are out of our price range now. It was the obvious and available choice last summer.
Lincoln out of the FA Cup 1st round and 'probably' not going to get a top 3 spot in League 2 they might have to settle for a play off spot, so no doubt the Lincoln Cowley out brigade will swing into full force soon if they haven't already!

Would you want to apply for the job with the following requirements ;

- Guaranteed Cup Run
- Brazilian Football
- Breed a team full of youngsters from youth and never lose them to Premier League set ups, whilst also keeping all has been legends happy at the Club and bringing in experienced players, at the peak of their ability from higher leagues, whilst also taking all the talent from Non League
- Season on Season improvements ( well this is a given considering every game must be won )
- Must be popular with 100% of the fan base and Chairman alike
- Gets all players to sign long term contracts, regardless of their ambition to play at a higher level
- Never have the audacity to aspire to better things and never show ambition to be interested in Clubs bigger than Southend or the England set up
- Must never ever lose the dressing room, or appear to. Must be popular with every single player, now and that he has ever managed

.... think that about ticks all the boxes ....

Do we reckon Southend can get the above ..

Fingers crossed

The problem here is some are always looking for a manager change, they don't like PB. They keep kicking the can down the road in forlorn hope that someone will bite. I would like Guardiola or Conti but that's not going to happen on our budget, we will just get one of the round and round journeyman lower league managers

Ok, I'll step in.

I don't want to see our manager leave right now but a pet peev of mine is people saying 'manager out' and then not having sensible suggestions for the next step. This thread is an antidote to that and also distinct from ones that are just about whether or not Brown should be in a job. It is a legitimate thread.

I can see YB deleted one post as threads are better for all concerned if they stay on topic and don't have posts like...erm...this one dotted around them.

Case closed, nothing to see here, Up The Shrimpers, etc.

Of course, you're right but the moaners, like many sites, will dominate the keyboards.

Many agree with you but I'm too old to fight back, I'm finished with the Zone, good luck all, & don't worry guys Brown will not be manager one day.

Personally though, I hope we keep our recent league form up & close the gap at the top even further, who kows, he might even sign a new contract, now that would make for an interesting thread :smile:

My heart tells me a Chrissy Powell/Barrett/Maher combo. However, I'd hate for their legend status at the club to be tarnished if it all went wrong. The reality is that the SUFC job is an incredibly tricky one as there are widely held expectations across the fanbase that we should be an established Championship team when the reality is that we've always been a 3rd/4th tier yo-yo side. Ronald has backed Brown well and nobody can argue with that, but the stark truth is that we're still very much an average side in terms of budget in League One.

Said it last season - I wouldn't really want anybody else to be top of the list should we (hopefully) get rid of Brown.

I wonder if Spud Taylor and Alan Little regret coming back to Roots Hall .

I’m sorry but I just don’t get the Chris Powell thing. Nice bloke and Southend legend for sure but I don’t think his managerial record is anything to write home about. His one promotion with Charlton (as nailed on favourites) aside...

For me, the Cowley’s should 100% top the list. Local, young, fresh ideas and moving in the right direction.
As they are probably out of our reach now then maybe Adam Barret with Coughlan and Maher working alongside. I was never much of an AB fan as a player but he certainly was a natural leader and I’d love to see him given a go.

Think Harry Rednapp has been helping out at Yeovil and is available , he would fit in perfectly with so many older players !

Think Harry Rednapp has been helping out at Yeovil and is available , he would fit in perfectly with so many older players !

Bad news, though. He's already committed to conquering Niagara Falls in a Barrel :-

Harry Redknapp.jpg

Back