• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can't stand League 2 football ever again but as Ron seems to be the only man in Southend that believes in rubbish Phil, what odds do you make us to go down? As it stands with him in charge and not many wholesale changes i make us a genuine 5/2 shot to go down. Big odds are currently available for if the worst happens but hopefully he will be replaced in time and the bounce effect saves us. Your opinions please as i want to put in place insurance for next years season ticket cost in the basement league......last Saturdays team selection should never ever be forgiven so over to you!

Best price on us to go down at the moment is 7/1 with William Hill* - we were about twice that price over Christmas.

I'm tempted, but just can't bring myself to do it.

*So that is an implied probability of 12.5%

With our form, awful goal difference, lack of quality and general bad vibe around the place, I would genuinely put us as odds on for the drop at the moment. Defeat at Rochdale will be the first nail in the coffin I think...

7/1 @ Hills is easy money currently.

That 7/1 is quite out of line with the market as well. We are as short as 7/2 in places.

Just checked - Racing post tipped us at 12/1 for relegation back on December 20th.

With our form, awful goal difference, lack of quality and general bad vibe around the place, I would genuinely put us as odds on for the drop at the moment. Defeat at Rochdale will be the first nail in the coffin I think...

7/1 @ Hills is easy money currently.
....yes i made us odds on to go down as it is but for fear of abuse put 5/2 lol......7/1 Hills will still be available at 2pm Saturday when he goes one midget up front again [not wabo] far too exiting, so will plunge on then. What a situation when you know that Sammy the Shrimp would pick a better line up than Nine Lives Phil!

....yes i made us odds on to go down as it is but for fear of abuse put 5/2 lol......7/1 Hills will still be available at 2pm Saturday when he goes one midget up front again [not wabo] far too exiting, so will plunge on then. What a situation when you know that Sammy the Shrimp would pick a better line up than Nine Lives Phil!

So you genuinely think our chances of relegation are greater than 50%? I'm not sure it is that likely.

If there is an absence of change, in thinking and tactics, we are as good as down. There are too many factors involved for it to be a certainty. The Rochdale game may be too soon to be a pointer. Much depends on recruitment and their bedding in period. I prefer to think that RM has something up his sleeve and things will soon improve.

I feel the same, I have never called for Browns departure and encouraged everyone to get behind the side, But I have constantly called for change and Improvement over the past few years and particularly in the area of scouting, recruitment strategy, loans in and out etc , especially under Browns tenure. Nothing wrong with passionate positive criticism, especially if it generates healthy change

I think Ron's invested the Lenny money. I can see no other reason to persist with Brown.

It does make you wonder..mind you we don't know Sheffield paid it in full up front. I cannot think for the life of me why RM is persisting with Brown other than he hasn't the money to pay him off ( shares blah blah) or put him on "gardening leave". or PB has something over RM

I have always said PB is RM's doppleganger. It seems to fit this scenario.

I think Ron's invested the Lenny money. I can see no other reason to persist with Brown.

Well if he has, that will be a tidy return. £750,000 at 7-1. I make that £6 million back!

I'd say that losing at Rochdale this weekend will basically verify whether 'odds on' is harsh or not.

At this point, my view is that we are almost certain to get relegated if we keep Brown - what happens against a woeful Rochdale side could either cement that view or give us all a little more false hope for a week or two.

Can't stand League 2 football ever again but as Ron seems to be the only man in Southend that believes in rubbish Phil, what odds do you make us to go down? As it stands with him in charge and not many wholesale changes i make us a genuine 5/2 shot to go down. Big odds are currently available for if the worst happens but hopefully he will be replaced in time and the bounce effect saves us. Your opinions please as i want to put in place insurance for next years season ticket cost in the basement league......last Saturdays team selection should never ever be forgiven so over to you!

Why are you worried about insuring against the cost of a season ticket? If, as you state, you can't stand League 2 football ever again, surely you won't want to buy a season ticket to watch us in League 2?

Why are you worried about insuring against the cost of a season ticket? If, as you state, you can't stand League 2 football ever again, surely you won't want to buy a season ticket to watch us in League 2?
.....not if the season ticket is next to you!

Back