• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ColinMorrisWalksOnWater

Assistant Head Coach⭐⭐
Many people say that the strength of a team can be gauged by the spine that it contains.
(keeper, CB, CM, CF).

After today's news our Spine could* aleady consist of: (* subject to further additions).

Bentley, Barrett, Timlin, Mooney

Now we know about the first three, but if you haven't already watched the Mooney 50 goals for Borient video, do so. (Avoid goal 20!!!), but if you look at his timing of arrival, availability, and the way he holds the centre our spine is looking very strong already.

The future is BLUE people, we are in for a very good season and other arrivals will be coming.

UTB

Last edited:
You all know that Barrett rejoined you last season because he's shot* at League One level (and has been for a couple of seasons), right...?

*not a typo

You all know that Barrett rejoined you last season because he's shot* at League One level (and has been for a couple of seasons), right...?

*not a typo
He came in as cover and couldnt get in the side. When he got a chance he grabbed it and was offered a new contract on merit. How many times have you seen him play recently?

*not a typo

If he's good enough to be a key player in the League 2 playoff final, I reckon he'll be good enough to contribute at League One level. Shame you won't get to see it Stokesy my son.

He has a point though.I dint think most of League One isnt miles apart from League Two but Barrett will be tested this year.

If he can continue where he left off last season it will be a good start.

*not a typo

You do know Mooney left you because your shot* at league two level?

You are forgetting the twelfth man which is me and my thermos making obscene gestures to away coaches at Cuckoo Corner.

*not a typo

Amazed how all these Orient fans are suddenly coming out the wood work and on social media slating Southend and our players, calling us tin pot and small club etc. They make comments as if they watch us every week. Barrett has the knowledge and experience to do a job in league one. He may or may not be good enough, time will tell, but he deserved the new contract and the chance to play one more season. I think these Orient fans need to be more concerned with their car crash of a club rather than us.

Ah yes, I have suddenly appeared after a mere 10 years+ of posting on the 'Zone. :stunned:

I might not have seen Barrett more recently than you chaps, but I have seen him in League One more recently (including for Orient, if you can cast your minds back a couple of years). It's okay though, Orient got relegated so my opinion doesn't count etc. etc.

Ah yes, I have suddenly appeared after a mere 10 years+ of posting on the 'Zone. :stunned:

I might not have seen Barrett more recently than you chaps, but I have seen him in League One more recently (including for Orient, if you can cast your minds back a couple of years). It's okay though, Orient got relegated so my opinion doesn't count etc. etc.

It's interesting you say you didn't rate him when he played for you, he was class (and always has been) when he puts on a Southend Utd shirt. Being a Southend fan all his life, maybe he just ups his tempo. Don't forget he played 120 minutes of football at Wembley so the fitness levels are certainly there. Ok, he's not the quickest of defenders but he has a footballing brain.

Yeah, he has always been an artful thug. Would have loved him at Orient in his prime. You might get away with it if the other centre half is very quick.

Yeah, he has always been an artful thug. Would have loved him at Orient in his prime. You might get away with it if the other centre half is very quick.

To a certain extent I can see why you say that, he doesn't take any crap, that's why he's respected and loved by the fans. He wears the badge on his heart. As for other pacey centre backs, we do yes and maybe that's why it worked when he came back to the club.

Back