• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

IloveShrimp

Director⭐
One thing the Ipswich game pointed out to me was the lack of physical strength in our side.

Apart from Laurant (who i thought was easily mom) jfc and perhaps Revell (tall but not strong imo) and Francis all our players seemed to be midgets or very lightweight in comparrison to Ipswich who's players all seemed to be at least 6 foot tall. When the subs were having a kick about at half time I was positively embarrassed at the two skinny lads who we will need to rely upon in our squad next season. Even the two on trial were small!

It sort of gives me the impression that Tilly / Brush will only sign players in ther own mold size wise. Perhaps its a power thing!

It really concerns me that come the season we will have no players of whom the opposition will be wary of or intimidated by just by physique alone!
:'(

P.S I can't think of one player in our side who is a prolific header of the ball and could put a power header in the back of the net from a cross. Barrett is not too bad at corners but is not prolific going forward in open play imo.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Barney's got a good head on him, and for all their height (or lack of) Macca, Grant and Moussa can too. And don't forget Jeff's bullet header goal in the last game of the season.

Any thoughts?
Yeah, I think T&B only sign players smaller than themselves. It's that old "I'm your mum and I'm taller than you whether you like it or not" malarky. Spot on..

It really concerns me that come the season we will have no players of whom the opposition will be wary of or intimidated by just by physique alone!
:'(
Jeff is a man mountain..

Barney's got a good head on him, and for all their height (or lack of) Macca, Grant and Moussa can too. And don't forget Jeff's bullet header goal in the last game of the season.
Last game of the season?! Dont think it was, was near to the end of the season, probably the second to last away game of the season against Northampton Town. Think it was Jeff who scored from long range last game of the season, but it definately wasnt a header!

One thing the Ipswich game pointed out to me was the lack of physical strength in our side.

Apart from Laurant (who i thought was easily mom) jfc and perhaps Revell (tall but not strong imo) and Francis all our players seemed to be midgets

I said Jeff was big.

Back