• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Our start to the season

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
Looks ok when you look at 4 points from one home game and two away games.

However, after last night and after three games apiece, we have played against the teams sat 1st, 2nd and 5th in the league. Certainly makes it look a whole lot better!

Even though them teams could be rock bottom in a couple of weeks?

rock.gif

By the way, are you in East Blues Saturday?.................If so I will go out of my way to annoy you!

tounge.gif

Don't know to be honest. Reckon I'll be in the East cos I have to run off to get a train Crowborough bound. No idea if I'll be going solo again at the moment.

As for the teams being bottom, they might also be 1,2,3 and with the current points tally, I'd say that's more likely. N'est-ce pas?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Aug. 16 2005,08:39)]Looks ok when you look at 4 points from one home game and two away games.

However, after last night and after three games apiece, we have played against the teams sat 1st, 2nd and 5th in the league.  Certainly makes it look a whole lot better!
The reason they're up there is because they have teken points from us. It's a little early to be saying things like that. Give another 7-8 games and you'd have a point.

Im pretty chuffed with our start. three points at home to Hudds sat would be lovely. Thing is they have won4 out of 4 of there last 5 away games!! A draw i would take now!
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Aug. 16 2005,10:19)]Im pretty chuffed with our start. three points at home to Hudds sat would be lovely. Thing is they have won4 out of 4 of there last 5 away games!! A draw i would take now!
rock.gif
How many draws are we going to settle for?

rock.gif

I don't think there's a team in League One we should settle for a draw at home to. We're better than that.

If we play like we have been since the second half against Port Vale then we've got every chance of beating Huddersfield. We need to win our home games if we are to attain safety this year!

I know, but just looking at their recent record, a point is better than none. I reckon we will take all three though, Eastwood hatrick!!

I'm only looking at the fixtures this year in blocks of three, & I reckon we'll again pick up a win, a lose & a draw from the next 3, anything else will be a bonus. So, hopefully, it will be a draw v Huddersfield, an odd-goal defeat up at Scunny & then obviously I need not spell out who we win against for fear of jinxing us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Aug. 16 2005,11:31)]I reckon we will take all three though, Eastwood hatrick!!
I doubt Eastwood will score a 'hatrick' from the position that best suits him; the bench.

With his dire start to the season, he's proved to be a one season wonder who couldn't hit a cow's bottom with a banjo.

We should have cashed in on him when we had the chance.

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ Aug. 16 2005,09:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Aug. 16 2005,08:39)]Looks ok when you look at 4 points from one home game and two away games.

However, after last night and after three games apiece, we have played against the teams sat 1st, 2nd and 5th in the league.  Certainly makes it look a whole lot better!
The reason they're up there is because they have teken points from us. It's a little early to be saying things like that. Give another 7-8 games and you'd have a point.
Well, if it wasn't for the fact that one of them took 3 points off us and 4 off others, one took only 1 point off us and six off others and another took 0 points off us and six off others, you'd have a very valid point.

In actual fact, in their record against other teams in the league, none of the three we have played have lost a game and only one of them (Port Vale) have dropped points to anyone else.

Aggregated results excluding against us:

P 6, W 5, D 1, L 0

What do you say to that?

Back