• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Our weather at the moment.

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
How are you all doing in the current warm weather? Sleeping ok, down the beach, wishing you were back on Furlough?

How are you all doing in the current warm weather? Sleeping ok, down the beach, wishing you were back on Furlough?
Still on furlough here. And on the beach in Westcliff, it’s an absolute scorcher. Hoping to return to work in September, all being well.

Reactions: RHB
Went for a bike ride this morning. Cycling in this is much easier than running because the faster you go the more of a breeze you create. That's easier said than done when you're on a steep uphill bridleway though! At least a) big sections were shaded and b) I went before it got too hot.

Made myself an iced latte afterwards too.

Just had a nice breakfast in the back garden where it was nice and cool but now the Sun has just burnt through the cloud, temperature is soaring rapidly...... Don't mind the heat, it's the humidity ?

Very much enjoyed being in our lovely air conditioned office, even though work is mad busy.

Chilling in the cool of the lounge watching the cricket. Bracing myself for an afternoon and evening of wine tasting and anything else alcoholic with FBM and others????

Work or the aircon, lol?

I can't believe the property market, it's gone absolutely berserk. We're listing double if not three times what we do normally and selling them as well.

To be expected when people can save plenty of money. We are sold and have missed out on a couple, the 2nd was gone before we even had a chance to view it. Poorly handled by the estate agent but nothing surprises me tbh as they are after the most money for the smallest amount of effort!

To be expected when people can save plenty of money. We are sold and have missed out on a couple, the 2nd was gone before we even had a chance to view it. Poorly handled by the estate agent but nothing surprises me tbh as they are after the most money for the smallest amount of effort!

Hmmm....you knew I'd come back for that one! Don't judge them all by a bad experience. We all have priority lists, that can be for our own clients who might have sold and need to find, or from people we need to find for to get their own on the market. We also email new properties out as far as possible, to people on our database before they hit the main portals, that's why it's important to register. If people show loyalty to us, then we try to do our best for them - and there's definitely no small amount of effort at the moment, it's bedlam!

there's definitely no small amount of effort at the moment, it's bedlam!

Tell me about it!. My son has sold his house in Shoebury to a couple from Devon. He has a place lined up in Chalkwell, but last few weeks although contracts being drawn up, no other news from Estate Agent.
Then out of the blue on Weds, my sons told unless his buyer can move in by next Fri, he will pull out of the deal FFS!.
So we've got a week to empty the loft ( done today, oh what fun in this heat! ), 3 bedrooms, lounge & dining room, 3 outside sheds, bathroom & kitchen, arrange removals & collection of unwanted furniture etc!.
I suggested calling the guys bluff & asking for more time, but my son doesn't want to take the risk.
OBL is this a common occurrence?.

Hmmm....you knew I'd come back for that one! Don't judge them all by a bad experience. We all have priority lists, that can be for our own clients who might have sold and need to find, or from people we need to find for to get their own on the market. We also email new properties out as far as possible, to people on our database before they hit the main portals, that's why it's important to register. If people show loyalty to us, then we try to do our best for them - and there's definitely no small amount of effort at the moment, it's bedlam!

I bet some estate agents are on retainers from property developers as well.

Back