• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Our Worst Bogey Teams

Well it ISN'T Man United.

Scunthorpe away? Have we ever won there?

Edited : Blimey yeah we won 6-1 there in '83. Before I started going, anyone go??

Last edited:
Doncaster

Definitely Doncaster in recent years. My best mate supports them which has not gone un-noticed over the years unfortunately. I have only ever seen us beat them once in 2007 whereas they have consistently put 3, 4, 5 and of course 7 against us in numerous defeats.

Yeovil. 18 meetings and only won 5.

Weirdly, 4 of those wins came in a 5 game unbeaten streak between 2005 and 2008.

Knocked us out the cup when it was National League vs League One in our last meeting.

Up until 1990 we had a fairly decent record against Doncaster. We then didn't play them again until 1998, which is when it all went the shape of the pear with the record reading:

PWDLGFGA

That's pretty bad.

We didn't even score a single goal in the first 5 fixtures from 1998 onwards. There's the 2008 5-1 hammering in the play-off semi 2nd leg and, of course, that record 1-7 home defeat with Sol watching in the East Stand, wondering what the hell he had let himself in for.

That's a bad record indeed.

Edit: our overall record v Donnie reads a more respectable:

Games won: 13
Games drawn: 7
Games lost:19

So from 1958 - 1990 we seem to have had the upper hand.

Well it ISN'T Man United.

Scunthorpe away? Have we ever won there?

Edited : Blimey yeah we won 6-1 there in '83. Before I started going, anyone go??
Yes, in 1977 (1-2) and 1983 (1-6) in 30 away games! Not great. The other games resulted in 19 loses and 9 draws.

Overall record:

Games won:18
Games drawn:16
Games lost:25

Up until 1990 we had a fairly decent record against Doncaster. We then didn't play them again until 1998, which is when it all went the shape of the pear with the record reading:

PWDLGFGA

That's pretty bad.

We didn't even score a single goal in the first 5 fixtures from 1998 onwards. There's the 2008 5-1 hammering in the play-off semi 2nd leg and, of course, that record 1-7 home defeat with Sol watching in the East Stand, wondering what the hell he had let himself in for.

That's a bad record indeed.

Edit: our overall record v Donnie reads a more respectable:

Games won: 13
Games drawn: 7
Games lost:19

So from 1958 - 1990 we seem to have had the upper hand.

That record is horrific. The 1998 tie was the FA Cup 1st round which we lost 1-0. Donny were non league and we were division 3 ( lge 2 ). I was in the west stand and my mate was in the north bank. I was certain a win was on the cards but of course it wasnt.

We then had the League 1 title win and we beat most teams that season but of course we lost to Donny home and away !!!

Scunthorpe
Morecambe
Doncaster
Morecambe was my immediate go to, but I discounted them in my head as they've not been a league team for that long.

Still, a truly awful record of:

Games won:1
Games drawn:2
Games lost:10

Edit: League games would be a big fat zero, right? That solitary win was in the FA Cup, right?

While not our bogey team last night i watched oxford on tv in the play offs...we used to beat them for fun....just two days after watching brentford in the championship play offs...previously they were a similar club to us in size and ambition....watching both games made me a little sick......what a mess we are in!

Back