• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Our Worst Bogey Teams

As for bogey sides, I'd only look at clubs we've played a significant number of times, at least 30. Interestingly I think we don't really have one. We have some terrible away records - Doncaster, Carlisle, Port Vale, Wrexham, Luton, Scunthorpe's current ground. But overall the records against these teams are pretty even. They all have poor records away to us.

On the flip side, I think we are actually one clubs bogey team - Walsall. We've played them 88 times and lost only 25 times. We have a near 50% win record against them and if you look at club head to heads, not just Southend's - that record over that number of games is an aberration.

Also Hereford - I can't quote you the stats. (after having been down the pub for longer than I should have been) but we definitely miss playing them.

No idea what the stats are but I always dreaded Carlisle away, felt like we went on long run of getting nothing there but it might have felt worse for the journey!

Played 18 W 3 D 4 L 11.

But, they must feel the same about us, long journey and only won 4 league games at Roots Hall, one was this season, so their fans have only seen 3 wins in the flesh like us.

I've only been up there once, was the game in 2008 where Mulgrew scored from near the halfway line and Barnard got the winner in the dying seconds, I don't think there's many of us who've seen a win at Carlisle!

Also Hereford - I can't quote you the stats. (after having been down the pub for longer than I should have been) but we definitely miss playing them.

You're right, not that we played them loads, only 25 games total, we have 15 wins. Sadly we'll never play Hereford United again, we ended with 11 straight wins against them stretching back to 1986.

I was going to mention Carlisle. Saw us lose 4-0 up there in October 1979 and April 2008 a 2-1 win.

The trip in '79 was in excess of a twenty four hour trip by train home and back, (I was still as school then).

2008 was a much more civilised flight to Prestwick and hire car down to carlise

Last edited:
Back