• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Out of the frying pan.

DTS

The Business
Just a word of caution.

It seems to me a lot of people are pinning a lot of hope on this consortium of local business men.

I dont want to **** on anyones chips but at the end of the day we dont know anything about these people, we have been given no information of their plans for the club and we dont really even know who some of them are.

We all want them to be the knights in shining armour but I would advice a bit of caution until more is revealed. Clearly Ron has lost almost everyone now but im not sure everyone emailing Sainsburys asking them to transfer the shares to the consortium is really the answer until we have more meat to the bones.

Just a word of caution.

It seems to me a lot of people are pinning a lot of hope on this consortium of local business men.

I dont want to **** on anyones chips but at the end of the day we dont know anything about these people, we have been given no information of their plans for the club and we dont really even know who some of them are.

We all want them to be the knights in shining armour but I would advice a bit of caution until more is revealed. Clearly Ron has lost almost everyone now but im not sure everyone emailing Sainsburys asking them to transfer the shares to the consortium is really the answer until we have more meat to the bones.

Anything has to be better then Ron, Dave?

Well I am willing to take a punt on these guys

I want them to be saviours I really do.

However we have a history of bad or crooked chairman.

Before my time but Anton Johnson I believe was a conman, Rubins were unpopular previously I think I have been told. As a kid I remember Vic Jobson liking the Southend fans to Nazis, wanting to relocate the club to Basildon etc.

A change has got to be for the better of the club and at the moment we really dont know anything about them.

I see the "better the devil you know" argument...I just feel that Ron has just broken not just one, but a hatful of broken promises and assurances to us....Every week (day recently) I see our club disintegrating under this idiot piece by piece....How long are we honestly going to let this happen before we say "enough is enough".....It's already gone on too long...

I would actually suggest that we would be jumping out of the fire and into the frying pan by getting these guys in.

Last edited:
I am satisfied that they have the clubs, and the local areas, best intentions at heart.

I am too young to know much about past chairmen, so I'll take peoples word for it, but knowing a couple of the consortium members personally i can say that whilst they are businessmen, they are real fans of both the game and the club, not the kind who think they're a fan because they once bought the latest shirt. Another point is that businessmen or not, they know how to run a business and pay taxes.

I can't help wondering if the job of rescuing this shambles would be beyond even the most shrewd operator. Time will tell I suppose

After being part of some lenghty and mostly detailed conversations with some serious connections to this, and direct ones at that, i am more than confident this is now the step forward. Dave, i have sent you a PM.

After being part of some lenghty and mostly detailed conversations with some serious connections to this, and direct ones at that, i am more than confident this is now the step forward. Dave, i have sent you a PM.

Do you fancy sharing your confidence please mate? Stick it in a PM if you can!

I would imagine the information is confidential, however I fully share his confidence and believe that it is for the best for the club and the community.

No can do. It's not my place. All i offer is assurance, or reassurance, along with others on this site who have had the conversations and details.

I would like to say patience is key, but the timescale this club has is rapidly decreasing.

I fully support the consortium and their plans, and all those connected. I also know, those who have come in to contact with the details are also very impressed.

I would imagine the information is confidential, however I fully share his confidence and believe that it is for the best for the club and the community.

Confidential stuff can go and jump in a lake!
Well aslong as Martin Carruthers, best penalty I've ever seen at Mansfield away by the way, believes it then I have confidence.

Everyone seems to have these contacts, I want a contact, I've got a blackberry and everything!

No can do. It's not my place. All i offer is assurance, or reassurance, along with others on this site who have had the conversations and details.

I would like to say patience is key, but the timescale this club has is rapidly decreasing.

I fully support the consortium and their plans, and all those connected. I also know, those who have come in to contact with the details are also very impressed.

Fair enough!
Personally I find it very unfair that I as a die hard SUFC fan, cannot know any details that a fellow die hard fan knows.

You are usually an absolute, liquid depressant, but there seems to be something inspiring about your quoted post. So somehow I trust you.
Let's hope whatever happens, happens for the best!

UTB!

Will you be attending the protest my friend?

It's not as simple as saying to you "Trust me.." as everyone's trust has been shattered by the blonde wonder. It's a case of, give the people who want life, and success for this club, a bloody chance.

Fair enough!
Personally I find it very unfair that I as a die hard SUFC fan, cannot know any details that a fellow die hard fan knows.

You are usually an absolute, liquid depressant, but there seems to be something inspiring about your quoted post. So somehow I trust you.
Let's hope whatever happens, happens for the best!

UTB!

Will you be attending the protest my friend?

What I'm sure can be disclosed is that the chap I spoke to today is a genuine lifelong fan, unlike the current beneficial owner.

Back