• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Outnumbered at home

Ron Manager

formerly Libertine
Just in the process of getting my ticket for Brisbane Roar vs Celtic, a pre-season match over here in July. Now by all accounts every exiled Celtic fan and Irishman in Australia is heading to Brisbane for this game and despite being at home Roar fans (such as myself) will be seriously outnumbered. There will be 52,000 in a sell out crowd and I'd say over 35,000 will be there to see Celtic.

Now I can't recall this ever happening at Roots Hall during my time but has anyone else ever been to a game where the home fans are in such a big minority compared to the away fans?

Wimbledon v Man Utd games at Selhurst Park were usually home crowds for the away team.

Wimbledon v Man Utd games at Selhurst Park were usually home crowds for the away team.

Wimbledon v Anyone at Selhurst Park!

As for Southend outnumbering home fans in recent seasons I can only think of the Barnet FA cup game where we had half the crowd.

The LDV home game against QPR we were probably outnumbered by QPR fans.

My old man saw Man Yoo win the title at Upton park in the late 60's/ early 70's and there was about 25,000 United fans there!

Back