• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oven Repair

Davros

The Whippet
Does anyone know anyone or could recommend anyone that does repairs on Electric Ovens?

The power tripped when i was cooking the other day, and now the oven doesnt heat, although the grill still works (as does the fan), so at least the whole thing isn't buggered, which i guess means that a filiment or something has shorted, so hopefully won't be a too complex job to repair!

Cheers

Have you tried Handy Manny off the Disney Channel? While watching with my daughter he seems to be able to fix anything!

Sales Appliances (if we are able to speak their name on here!) by the ground come out and do electric oven repairs.

Sales Appliances (if we are able to speak their name on here!) by the ground come out and do electric oven repairs.

Huh! We're not supposed to be recommending business their way!!! I know Stellisons do it but likely to be costly, I'd check your Yellow Pages.

Huh! We're not supposed to be recommending business their way!!! I know Stellisons do it but likely to be costly, I'd check your Yellow Pages.

I would still use them. He's got to make a living and presumably Davros wants his oven fixed for a reasonable price. I'm sure getting an oven fixed isn't going to delay our moving in to Fossets Farm.

Ring him up and tell him what you need doing. Ask where he is based, and when he answers tell him you'll take your business elsewhere!

just had a look at a few online help guides, and it appears that my heating element has gone, which is fairly easy to replace yourself, so will probably give that a go to be fair, plus it saves having to take time off work, sitting around waiting for someone!

Thanks for the contacts though, and i will be sure to use one should i f**k things up further!

Ring him up and tell him what you need doing. Ask where he is based, and when he answers tell him you'll take your business elsewhere!

surely if people get him doing more home call-outs, he will decide that he no longer needs a business premisis, and can work from home without the need for costly overheads of running a shop? That way everyone wins?

surely if people get him doing more home call-outs, he will decide that he no longer needs a business premisis, and can work from home without the need for costly overheads of running a shop? That way everyone wins?

Or maybe if we keep him doing home visits we can keep him out of the place long enough for the bulldozers to work their magic.

Hopefully not like this:

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

just had a look at a few online help guides, and it appears that my heating element has gone, which is fairly easy to replace yourself, so will probably give that a go to be fair, plus it saves having to take time off work, sitting around waiting for someone!

Thanks for the contacts though, and i will be sure to use one should i f**k things up further!

I've changed my element a dozen times, easy to do. Sales appliances are always good for a new element.

managed to fix it myself, and the part was only £10, so quite happy with that!

Now however, my toilet cistern is re-filling slowly, as something or other has a hissy leak, i have no idea what the parts of the inside of a toilet cistern are called, or if they are easy to replace or not, so more than likely WILL have to pay someone to fix this! Why do things seem to go wrong in sequence!

Now however, my toilet cistern is re-filling slowly, as something or other has a hissy leak, i have no idea what the parts of the inside of a toilet cistern are called, or if they are easy to replace or not, so more than likely WILL have to pay someone to fix this! Why do things seem to go wrong in sequence!

Sod's law! It's just the way of the world :sad:

ha tell me about it. houses are expensive, especially if you're like me and pretty rubbish at DIY! I'm going to have to hire a carpet cleaner due to the amount of workmen that have been in our house!

Back