• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Over Zealous Parking Attendant

Lord Football

Blues on Tour
Had a day off today to do some Xmas shopping. Packed Mrs LF in to the car and drove the very short distance to town. Parked up nicely, put her blue badges up and tottered off to buy a few bits.

Came back an hour later and there was a one of those nice yellow presents that Parking Attendant's leave from time to time. But hold on, I've got blue badges on display. What is going on?

Fortunately (not for him) he was ticketing another car. So I questioned him. "They were upside down" he said. Incredibly he kept a straight face. Incredibly I didn't spank him. Funnily he refused to give me his name.

What really annoys me is that I know I will an appeal - and if I don't they'll end up taking me to court - but it is issued in the hope I will be too old, scared etc to bother with it.

Had a day off today to do some Xmas shopping. Packed Mrs LF in to the car and drove the very short distance to town. Parked up nicely, put her blue badges up and tottered off to buy a few bits.

Came back an hour later and there was a one of those nice yellow presents that Parking Attendant's leave from time to time. But hold on, I've got blue badges on display. What is going on?

Fortunately (not for him) he was ticketing another car. So I questioned him. "They were upside down" he said. Incredibly he kept a straight face. Incredibly I didn't spank him. Funnily he refused to give me his name.

What really annoys me is that I know I will an appeal - and if I don't they'll end up taking me to court - but it is issued in the hope I will be too old, scared etc to bother with it.

Typical. If this kicks off the Revolution, I will stand with you my Red friend.

I stopped on a double yellow in North London on a Saturday whilst I used a cashpoint. I was away from my car for about two minutes, and as I turned away from the cashpoint, a 'Parking Attendant' was ticketing my car. I began politely, but the cretin carried on regardless, and didn't say a word. When he did speak, it wasn't in English. So I ripped off the ticket and stuffed it down inside his jacket, telling him to feck right off. Strangely, that was the end of the matter - I wasn't contacted by the highly efficient London Borough where I had parked. Haringey.

PMSL, Trust me you stand no chance.
I got a ticket for being 5 minutes late after Jamie (your cousin) was sick all over me at your house. Went down the Civc centre wearing my sick stained shirt filled in a form got the woman dealing with the paperwork to witness the sick and I still had to pay. Week later got another parking ticket.
Oh and dont forget its birthday soon, and I don't want 'I had a parking ticket fine' as an excuse.

Is it just this country where people in authority forget they are members of the public as well? Why didn't the bloke just have a word and say next time can you make sure its the right way up. Perhaps they get paid on performance.

Even more annoying, and it must have happened to you LF, is a perfectly able bodied person parking in a disabled space. I was at the new Comet last week near FF. Some stupid woman in her oversized 4x4 decided although the car park was nearly empty, she had to park in the nearest space next to the shop, which was clearly marked as disabled.
Inconsiderate bitch.

Is it just this country where people in authority forget they are members of the public as well? Why didn't the bloke just have a word and say next time can you make sure its the right way up. Perhaps they get paid on performance.

Even more annoying, and it must have happened to you LF, is a perfectly able bodied person parking in a disabled space. I was at the new Comet last week near FF. Some stupid woman in her oversized 4x4 decided although the car park was nearly empty, she had to park in the nearest space next to the shop, which was clearly marked as disabled.
Inconsiderate bitch.

A bit like my recent rant about people abusing parent & child car parking spaces! Totally unecessary, although my Mrs got told if the P&C spaces are full, just use the disabled ones. She did and somebody tried to get our motor clamped apparently, they weren't happy when they got told that was official policy.

It ****ed me off on Saturday when I went To Tescos and saw this disabled guy parking in one of OUR spaces!

Should have told him you had tourettes and then started swearing at him

Inconsiderate bitch.

was there a disabled person(s) in the car ?
if no, id have potentially taken a **** on her windscreen.

I stopped on a double yellow in North London on a Saturday whilst I used a cashpoint. I was away from my car for about two minutes, and as I turned away from the cashpoint, a 'Parking Attendant' was ticketing my car. I began politely, but the cretin carried on regardless, and didn't say a word. When he did speak, it wasn't in English. So I ripped off the ticket and stuffed it down inside his jacket, telling him to feck right off. Strangely, that was the end of the matter - I wasn't contacted by the highly efficient London Borough where I had parked. Haringey.

Drive off next time Karlos, the ticket isn't issued until it's been placed on your windscreen and the **** has put his hat on and taken a picture. I lived in Hackney/Islington for 8 years and had many a run in with traffic wardens so got to know the score. My flatmate once ran down and drove off mid-ticket issue, only to have to then face the problem of walking back through the arse end of North London dressed in only his pants and his bird's (size small) white towelling dressing gown....

I had one in North London a few years back. It was Sunday lunchtime and it was baking hot but also quite windy. At the time I was driving a convertible. Needless to say I was driving with the roof down and parked up. I bought a pay and display ticket which wasn't a sticky one, so I left it very prominantly on my seat where the wind was less likely to blow it away.

Needless to say I came back to a parking ticket, which I appealed and won.

I got ticketed in Sainsburys in Tonbridge about a year ago =- I left the ticket on the dash, but it must have slipped down onto the floor.

As I came out, I saw someone ticketing us - as we appealed to commonsense and showed the ticket, he said it was out of his hands now and in the computer. He advised us to appeal and he made a note that he had seen the ticket.

The council agreed to let us off, but I wish I'd kept a copy of the letter, they basically said we'd let you off this time, but do it again and there'd be trouble!

We had nothing wrong! :madman:

Back