• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
I was listening to Radio 5 last night after the England game, and they were talking about Sweden's fourth goal. Someone said that it wasn't the best overhead kick they had seen, and people should look on YouTube for Trevor Sinclair's for QPR.

I did, and whilst doing so I came across this:

[video=youtube_share;Xd_dR8uict4]http://youtu.be/Xd_dR8uict4[/video]

At about a minute into it there is a goal that I think is scored against us. It must be, we are wearing our custard splatt shirts, and I can't believe anyone else would be so sad as to wear that kit. I'm pretty sure I see Keith Dublin there as well.

Does anyone recognise this, and if so, who was it against?

I was listening to Radio 5 last night after the England game, and they were talking about Sweden's fourth goal. Someone said that it wasn't the best overhead kick they had seen, and people should look on YouTube for Trevor Sinclair's for QPR.

I did, and whilst doing so I came across this:

[video=youtube_share;Xd_dR8uict4]http://youtu.be/Xd_dR8uict4[/video]

At about a minute into it there is a goal that I think is scored against us. It must be, we are wearing our custard splatt shirts, and I can't believe anyone else would be so sad as to wear that kit. I'm pretty sure I see Keith Dublin there as well.

Does anyone recognise this, and if so, who was it against?

Yeah it's Roger Boli for Walsall against us in I think 1998. He went on to get a hat-trick.

The cheating little ****er should have been sent off for a disgraceful handball and then pretending he was innocent.

The only overhead kick goal I can recall from a Southend player was scored, amazingly, by John Walker away to Wealdstone in the Cup in about 1979. Probably his only ever goal. The game was also Stuart Pearce's debut for Wealdstone.

Didn't Bramble score one at Roots Hall in the FA cup? Maybe against Luton?

Didn't Lewis Hunt score one (or a good volley) in a pre-season friendly?

He did indeed pubes, vs Brighton in the League Cup 06/07 I think (you know, the year we beat United...)

I remember a great one scored against us in the 2-2 draw with Daggers in the JPT a few years back. Collis was the keeper.

ahh yeah that's right, thought it was a friendly because I was sat in the East.

Wayne Gray scored one in a 2-1 defeat against Port Vale in our first game in League One.

Terry Johnson hammered in a brilliant one from the edge of the box in front of the North Bank, but I can't remember who against.

Thought I'd be a bit flash at the football ground today and try to do a bicycle kick.

Gashed my ****ing leg open on one of the pedals.

Roy McDonough scored a belter in front of the North Bank vs Blackpool in one of my first games. Reminded him of it on Twitter recently, he said it was the best he ever scored and won him Goal Of The Season!

I was at this game but was in the bog for Boli's handball and have no recollection of this goal...bizarre as it was such a cracker.

Andy Ansah scored an overhead kick against Tranmere at Roots Hall in about 1990/91 in a 1-0 win. Eric Nixon was in goal and I think he also saved a penalty that game.

Back