• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OVERSEAS AID please sign this + spread on FACEBOOK etc many Thanks

the 0.7% could be better spent, what do you say to UK people who have paid tax + insurance and in some cases fought in the war that they cannot have certain medical treatment because the UK cannot afford.

We also give aid to countries that are corrupt and also countries who's economy is in a better state than ours.That says about me

So those kids left in a state by the earthquakes in the Himalayas should be left to die.

Coz that's what you are saying.

If I were drowning in credit card debt, and routinely spending more money each month than I was earning, I don't think it would be prudent to give my creditors' money away to charities, rather than paying them back. I would venture that the responsible person reviews their outgoing expenditure and cuts unnecessary spending drastically until they are in a position to pay back their debts. When that debt burden has been relieved, and the individual is generating more income than they are spending, they should consider contributing to worthwhile causes. I believe this should also apply to sovereign nations. We shouldn't be borrowing money from the Chinese in order to give it to the Nepalese.

If I were drowning in credit card debt, and routinely spending more money each month than I was earning, I don't think it would be prudent to give my creditors' money away to charities, rather than paying them back. I would venture that the responsible person reviews their outgoing expenditure and cuts unnecessary spending drastically until they are in a position to pay back their debts. When that debt burden has been relieved, and the individual is generating more income than they are spending, they should consider contributing to worthwhile causes. I believe this should also apply to sovereign nations. We shouldn't be borrowing money from the Chinese in order to give it to the Nepalese.

Is this USA or UK you're talking about Rusty?

So those kids left in a state by the earthquakes in the Himalayas should be left to die.

Coz that's what you are saying.

Where do I state this, The Uk pays our money into the EU + NATO and of course if money needed (not always the case)
then some it should come from our them.

Are you saying that UK citizens should suffer cuts to their welfare, which is happening now, also should the UK be given foreign aid when we have a crises like the floods last year (people lost their homes etc)

Just read 3 countries we are giving aid to have or starting a space program. No prob if thats what they wont to do
but surely if they can afford to do this they don't need FOREIGN AID

the 0.7% could be better spent, what do you say to UK people who have paid tax + insurance and in some cases fought in the war that they cannot have certain medical treatment because the UK cannot afford.

We also give aid to countries that are corrupt and also countries who's economy is in a better state than ours.That says about me

I'd say that those people should campaign to the Government to stop Corporate tax avoidance which costs far more that we give away on foreign aid.

I'd say that those people should campaign to the Government to stop Corporate tax avoidance which costs far more that we give away on foreign aid.

If Corporate tax avoidance is legal, the Gov will 1st have to change the laws concerning this, so that company's will then have to pay what is due, they also need to change tax laws for individuals.

Got to admit if I was loaded (which I am not) and my account showed me a way of legally paying less tax I would do it

Back