• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OVERSEAS AID please sign this + spread on FACEBOOK etc many Thanks

davew

Coach
ear david,

How are you?

We noticed that there hasn't been any activity on your petition for a little while now, so we wanted to see how you were going. If you need a hand, we're here to help.

Have you had a look at the Tips & Guides page (http://action.38degrees.org.uk/tips)? You'll find loads of ideas on how to grow your petition, attract publicity and win your campaign. Here's a few to get you started:

• Spread the word and continue the conversation on social media linking to relevant articles, posting campaign updates, sharing any responses you've had or plans to deliver your petition.
  • What groups are you a part of? You could share the petition with your sports club or other parents at your child's school.
  • Think about where you can gather offline signatures for your petition. Have you taken it round your office or gone door-to-door in your neighbourhood?
  • Can you think of high profile figures who might be interested in backing your campaign? Send them a tweet or post on their Facebook page asking them to share your petition - you never know, they might take you up on it!</li
Don't be shy! Remember, if you feel strongly about your cause, the chances are a lot of other people do too. So let’s make sure as many of them as possible hear about your campaign.

Thanks for getting involved,

Robin & the 38 Degrees team

P.S. Don't be afraid to ask for help - send us an email if you have any questions.

------------
If you want some ideas on how to take your campaign further why not check out the Campaigns by You tips page here:
https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/cby-tips

Or if you're stuck on anything check out our handy help page here:
https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/cby-faqs

It might help if you posted a link.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I really think you need to narrow your campaigns down a bit and maybe do some research rather than start an online petition because you saw something on the news.

I really think you need to narrow your campaigns down a bit and maybe do some research rather than start an online petition because you saw something on the news.

That what the news is for to inform the public, I also have seen many articles in newspapers etc.

Also seen MPs on Parliament boasting about what this country gives in OVSEAS aid (rem it's UK tax payers money) .

Rem Paxman on news night interviewing the minister and he quoted / questioned the minister roughly the same as my campaign "What do you say to the majority of UK population who are facing cuts but are giving ridicules amounts away.

no prob if you don't agree with me

If you do please sign my campaign on 38 degrees

The news can be over sensationalised to sell more news papers. Papers have their own agends and politics.

Which overseas projects do you feel we should cut back on or do you want all of them stopped completely ?

If there was another Tsunami that killed 270,000 people and left a million struggling to stay alive would you be against us providing aid then?

Would you prefer the money given to people here so that they can pay out more to welfare so that people didnt have to go to work ?

Problem is you are looking at a very complex situation and trying to get people to sign a petition based on a couple of sentences with no sort of detail.

We are never going to stop giving foreign aid as its part of what being in a global community entails so Im not sure what you are actually expecting.

Hi If you don't agree, then no problem I am not expecting anything.

Only asking people to sign if they agree.

Of course it's a complex issue and I personally think that we should put our own house in order first and also try to pay off some of our deficient 1st.

of course other people have different opinions and therefore they just don't support this campaign and maybe start their own for maybe "keeping or giving more F aid"

Hi If you don't agree, then no problem I am not expecting anything.

Only asking people to sign if they agree.

Of course it's a complex issue and I personally think that we should put our own house in order first and also try to pay off some of our deficient 1st.

of course other people have different opinions and therefore they just don't support this campaign and maybe start their own for maybe "keeping or giving more F aid"

Instead of just saying 'If you don't agree then don't sign' why not answer some of the questions posed by Jam Man to give people you want to sign the detail they need in order to make an informed decision on whether they agree with you or not.

Because it's such a complex issue you can't ask or expect people to agree with you and sign if you put your argument in such simplistic terms.

Instead of just saying 'If you don't agree then don't sign' why not answer some of the questions posed by Jam Man to give people you want to sign the detail they need in order to make an informed decision on whether they agree with you or not.

Because it's such a complex issue you can't ask or expect people to agree with you and sign if you put your argument in such simplistic terms.

Hi I can ask, I do not expect anything

Whats the problem to put things in simplistic terms.

If people don't agree or think to simplistic, not a problem just don't support.

Also the guidelines from 38 degrees is to try and keep a campaign in simplistic terms.

CHEERS

You are raising a campaign because you want the government to do something, yet you arent providing anything to back that up.

You don't seem to really understand the situation or know what it is you are trying to stop or change.

Raising a simplistic petition over a complicated issue is pointless.

Also the guidelines from 38 degrees is to try and keep a campaign in simplistic terms.

CHEERS

there is a difference between simplistic terms and a simplistic idea.

CHEERS

Then don't be surprised if you don't get anyone signing. I'd also wager those that do sign have about as much understanding of the situation regarding overseas aid as you appear to have.

CHEERS

Where do I sign if I want overseas aid to be increased?

Can we create a campaign for that?

Can I also have one for it to stay the same, and a campaign for those of us who dont really understand it all and want to abstain?

Then don't be surprised if you don't get anyone signing. I'd also wager those that do sign have about as much understanding of the situation regarding overseas aid as you appear to have.

CHEERS

no prob only sign for what you believe in

Can we create a campaign for that?

Can I also have one for it to stay the same, and a campaign for those of us who dont really understand it all and want to abstain?

No prob

Yes you can create a campaign , I use 38 DEGREES, there is also a Gov site (use GOOGLE to search for)

Foreign Aid equates to 0.7% of GDP. In other words, it hardly registers in the scheme of thing.

Remember them kids in that earthquake in Nepal. Thats the sort of stuff our Foreign Aid goes on.

If you want to stop that, I think it says more about you than the system.

Foreign Aid equates to 0.7% of GDP. In other words, it hardly registers in the scheme of thing.

Remember them kids in that earthquake in Nepal. Thats the sort of stuff our Foreign Aid goes on.

If you want to stop that, I think it says more about you than the system.
the 0.7% could be better spent, what do you say to UK people who have paid tax + insurance and in some cases fought in the war that they cannot have certain medical treatment because the UK cannot afford.

We also give aid to countries that are corrupt and also countries who's economy is in a better state than ours.That says about me

Back