• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ow my god.......Just read reag through a thread on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aberdeen Shrimper

Ow my god.......Just read through a thread on here

I am sitting here with my wife trying to explain the Thread "Boo Boys" She does not get it at all and frankly neither do I.

I tried to explain to her that Football is an emotive subject and that not only rival supporters fall out but also fellow supporters fall out.
But i was struggling to try and defend some of the pathetic mindless moronic posts that we both read tonight. She aptly said to me, "but didn't Southend win" I tried to explain again that yes we did and deep down all REAL Southend Supporters would be happy with that, but there are a few that just want to complain and moan about anything, unfortunately that is life.

From a personal point of view....if i was standing/sitting near anyone that i thought was unnecessarily abusing a Southend player I would have no problem walking up to them and saying to there faces EITHER SHUT THE FU*CK UP OR LACE UP YOUR BOOTS AND GET OUT THERE. I don’t give 2 shi*ts if they are in a group of 2 or 200, i have very very strong beliefs that i stand by with a passion and i believe sticking your head above the parapet enriches your life.

The concept of the Blue Voice is a fantastic idea, and i am personally 100% behind everything that they stand for. People like Smithy, Scott and Cricko and countless more who want to raise the profile for me are fantastic REAL Southend supporters but the knuckle dragging morons that skulk around at the back and pounce on the smallest indiscretions by a Southend Players should fu*ck of back to the playground, buy some potatoes, cut them in half, make some shapes and create some potato prints for your mum's and Dad's, that way your packed lunches for School on Monday might be really tasty.

I was particularly upset at the fall out between "J" and "Blutonic" 2 guys that are not backward in not coming forward and i have probably crossed swords with but to be honest i would stand strong next to both of them with out a shadow of doubt.

I have rambled far to much and will ferk off to bed now but i guess all I am saying is.............

Regardless of your views, or feelings, we are all Southend United Supporters, or am I wrong??? Or have i missed something........ Being away for the last 6 years?

If this is what it is like now at Roots Hall, and even though i really don’t like the Sweaties....I think i might just stay up here.

One last comment, no offence….but why is it that when a mod is not in agreement with a thred they just close it??? Just because folk fall out or disagree, that is not grounds for closing a thread. Sometimes Mods should just sit back and let the Zoners say what they want to say without being so heavily censored…..

After all, when push comes to shove, all this is….is a chat forum about a football club…not North Bloody Korea!!!!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Just editing this post....how long will it be before this thread is closed!!!!!!

Last edited:
I didn't hear the supposed chants today. Barely heard a peep out of TBV to be honest.

I think we were all disappointed with that first half performance. I didn't boo the team off but I was certainly ****ed off with what I was watching. I don't feel that the players deserve the sort of personal abuse that they get and more importantly I don't see how that abuse is anything other than counter-productive.

What I don't understand is why the same people who articulate so strongly that Mark Gower/Lewis Hunt/Matt Harrrold's performance is unacceptable then get so upset when others dare suggest that their comments don't help things either.

Meh... the bottom line is that we're all Southend United fans. We all want the same thing. It's just a shame that we seem to have such different opinions about how we achieve it.

It's been said time and time again, that we should SUPPORT the team and there are too many too quick to jump on their backs if they haven't scored a couple of goals by half time. As Beefy said, TBV were not really evident today which unfortunately allowed the boo boys to make their feelings known at half time. This seemed to emanate from the West stand as per usual. Yes, the first half was pretty rubbish but it was obvious that strong words would be said at half time, and indeed, the second half was much better. If they had played like that the whole game, then I accept the right of people to let their feelings be known, why boo at half time? I'm sure it made our new boys feel very welcome.

What is it with you and weekends,come saturday you turn into a Hulk type man,is it to much irn-bru.

I thought my posts in that thread were some of my best....:p

In defence of the mods, I dont think it had anything to do with the discussion taking place originally, it was more to do with the fact that it had descended into personal abuse. And as you know thats not tolerated. I am sure if the discussion had continued as originally started it would not have been closed.

If people wish to show their displeasure at the team then thats their choice. I do wonder sometimes if the idea to kick a team when they are down is actually going to work as they might expect. Clearly to descend into personal abuse against your own team is a strange concept and one which I cant agree with. The booing at half time I can have some sympathy with although thats also sometimes levelled at the officials....I though did not boo. I simply hoped it could not get any worse than the first half...

And to use the excuse of, I pay all this money does not give people the right to hurl abuse. If you arent happy with what you see then keep your money in your pocket and dont go if its that bad. It is a choice after all, nobody is saying you have to go or spend your money. Nothing is ever guaranteed in football so if you only want to see the good times, then maybe its not for you but then as some seem to go that often they should know that by now.

And we seem to have forgotten that we did win 2-1 yesterday so I have no idea why people arent happy with the result. Sometimes it aint pretty to watch but if the team get a result, with quite frankly two excellent goals, then I am a little lost as to what the problem might be.

Last edited:
And to use the excuse of, I pay all this money does not give people the right to hurl abuse. If you arent happy with what you see then keep your money in your pocket and dont go if its that bad. It is a choice after all, nobody is saying you have to go or spend your money. Nothing is ever guaranteed in football so if you only want to see the good times, then maybe its not for you but then as some seem to go that often they should know that by now.

And we seem to have forgotten that we did win 2-1 yesterday so I have no idea why people arent happy with the result. Sometimes it aint pretty to watch but if the team get a result, with quite frankly two excellent goals, then I am a little lost as to what the problem might be.

Quite agree, the other alternative of course is for these people to leave the ground if they're unhappy then they won't have to continue watching, which has the added bonus of the rest of us not having to put up with hearing them.

As Beefy said, TBV were not really evident today which unfortunately allowed the boo boys to make their feelings known at half time. This seemed to emanate from the West stand as per usual. Yes, the first half was pretty rubbish but it was obvious that strong words would be said at half time, and indeed, the second half was much better. If they had played like that the whole game, then I accept the right of people to let their feelings be known, why boo at half time? I'm sure it made our new boys feel very welcome.

I'm most certainly not one of the 'boo boys', but I have to say I disagree with you there. If a player is having a mare then I'll get right behind him, but I feel that half timea and full time is when I should let the team I support know how I feel about their performance.

Hence I booed at half time.

And the boo's were most certainly not just coming from us in the West!

I thought my posts in that thread were some of my best....:p

In defence of the mods, I dont think it had anything to do with the discussion taking place originally, it was more to do with the fact that it had descended into personal abuse. And as you know thats not tolerated. I am sure if the discussion had continued as originally started it would not have been closed.

Correct Gary ...Thanks for saving me the time mate.:)

What is it with you and weekends,come saturday you turn into a Hulk type man,is it to much irn-bru.

lol.....I am a lover not a fighter.....

Just reading the Boo Boys thread and I wanted to give my opinion mate. obviously just after a match is when most of the emotive posts will be submitted

Last edited:
Just read the boo boys thread fully as i was working til late last night - i am quite baffled as to how personal the abuse got etc. even though we WON yesterday.

It really annoys me seeing (or even hearing on blues world) people boo the players etc. BUT if they want to do it then that is their choice, so we have to live with it. If i hear a group slating a player (huddersfield at home this season - lewis hunt got some abuse from some people in south upper...) me and the lads will promptly start cheering and singing to try and drown out the boos. Second half Lewis played very well that day...so it may have worked...

Anyhow - i feel venting our anger against the boos in a positive manner (ie trying to drown them out) is much better than being aggressive to the people booing in the first place - as noone wants to see their own fans fighting.

Football is a team game and to pick out one player for criticsm when the whole team is having a mare is out of order.

Most of our players are young lads who need support not constant abuse and I would like to ask all those who constantly heckle them why if they are good enough arnt they on the pitch?

Also would you want to put in your best performance for fans who abuse you... I wouldn't!

I had the misfortune to be sitting in the east stand with the families of players, and the abuse for Matt Harrold was shameful and embarrassing, if I had been his father I would have been arrested for violence.

Some of the idiots on here who constantly have a go at players obviously wern't around when the likes of Colin Murphy was in charge and the crowds were around the 2000 mark.

The football being played now is far superior to then. So to the fare-weather supporting boo boys I say 'sit down shut up' and support the bl**dy team you idiots.

I am sitting here with my wife trying to explain the Thread "Boo Boys" She does not get it at all and frankly neither do I.

I think everyone is just a little concerned that after people have put a lot of work into Blue Voice the actions of a few idiots may be putting people of sitting in the designated area. But when the team is playing well their booing and stupid songs are drowned out by the positive atmosphere that the blue voice is creating. Your right - at the end of the day - we won!!!

:)

The football being played now is far superior to then. So to the fare-weather supporting boo boys I say 'sit down shut up' and support the bl**dy team you idiots.

The so called fare-weather fans infact the fans in question on the boo boy thread, aint no where near fare-weather fans.

those fans would put SUFC before alot even family, guys who go week in week out unlike so many on here, who just sit infront of there screen making comments they no nothing about

Aberdeen Shrimper I salute you Sir.

I read that thread last night, and was tempted to post something, but decided against it.

Just because people go to reserve games, go to Hartlepool away on a Tuesday night, or have been going for 20 years, they think it makes them a better SUPPORTer than others.

Therefore they think it is their right to abuse the team and individual players. Give me someone that has been going to home games only for 5 minutes, that actually SUPPORTs the players than some of these morons that think shouting abuse is going to make the players try harder.

We are all entilted to behave how we want at the game, within the law obviously, however the whole term SUPPORTer by its nature contains the word SUPPORT.

This means that going to the Essex senior cup game does not make you a supporter if you do not support the team.

Aberdeen Shrimper I salute you Sir.

I read that thread last night, and was tempted to post something, but decided against it.

Just because people go to reserve games, go to Hartlepool away on a Tuesday night, or have been going for 20 years, they think it makes them a better SUPPORTer than others.

Therefore they think it is their right to abuse the team and individual players. Give me someone that has been going to home games only for 5 minutes, that actually SUPPORTs the players than some of these morons that think shouting abuse is going to make the players try harder.

We are all entilted to behave how we want at the game, within the law obviously, however the whole term SUPPORTer by its nature contains the word SUPPORT.

This means that going to the Essex senior cup game does not make you a supporter if you do not support the team.

How true. If I had the money to and didn't have the commitments I have in raising a family then I'd love to follow the team more both for away games and in reserve games. As it is, I can neither afford the money or the time so I go to probably 5 or 6 away games a year and content myself with being a STH. That makes me no less of a supporter than those who are in the position to go to all the away games, just one who is unable to devote as much time. I feel no less passionate about the team doing well because of it.

The so called fare-weather fans infact the fans in question on the boo boy thread, aint no where near fare-weather fans.

those fans would put SUFC before alot even family, guys who go week in week out unlike so many on here, who just sit infront of there screen making comments they no nothing about

Going to so many games does indeed deserve credit... especially when you consider the cost involved! Having said that you can't assume the people on here havn't done the same... I also go week in week out including all the games talked about these fans mentioned have been to. But I don't believe it gives me the right to spoil the matchday experience for those around me. If these fans had any decency they would have more consideration for those around them instead of acting like they own the place. Apologies if that is a bit strong but I agree that they have paid for the right to be there and can abuse players if they feel they have to... but then they can't have a go at those people who have also paid the same money to be there and have the right to support the team. There were so called fans yesterday abusing other fans for clapping our own players. Thats disgraceful. It spoils all the efforts of those who have worked hard to setup the BlueVoice to help people who want to SUPPORT the team!!!

Last edited:
Football is a team game and to pick out one player for criticsm when the whole team is having a mare is out of order.

Most of our players are young lads who need support not constant abuse and I would like to ask all those who constantly heckle them why if they are good enough arnt they on the pitch?

Also would you want to put in your best performance for fans who abuse you... I wouldn't!

I had the misfortune to be sitting in the east stand with the families of players, and the abuse for Matt Harrold was shameful and embarrassing, if I had been his father I would have been arrested for violence.

Some of the idiots on here who constantly have a go at players obviously wern't around when the likes of Colin Murphy was in charge and the crowds were around the 2000 mark.

good post ,but was you around under murphy average gate 4600ish

Look, We need to get behind the blues and fast, The blue voice was made to support the blues and to improve the atmospere, but clearly some west stand, back row idiots want to boo the blues and make anti-player chants up, making southend a miserable place for all. These chants are not conducted by the blue voice and I know they are not, In my opinion, The blue voice are some of the (If not the most) loyal supporters of southend united. I sit in the south stand and can usually hear them singing positive chants and getting behind the blues, but when they are not singing, all I can hear is mindless idiots situated in the west stand hurling abuse and singing anti-southend songs at our players (not in any way suggesting that is anyone involved in blue voice). This is appaling! I say to them supporters, sort it out because you are making the match day atmosphere a misery for all other supporters attending the match.

subscribed.gif
Back The Blues!
Let's get behind the blues instead of booing them, the players deserve it!

COME ON SOUTHEND!!!

The thing that makes me laugh is these back row Westy's spend half the game fukcing around and pushing each other and talking Crap about some lady boy ( not every body else wants to hear that nonsense) that they clearly can;t be to bothered about what is going on , on the field !!!

It is also embarassing that the lads in question are old enough to know better, i could kind of make excuses if it was a group of teenagers , but some of the lads there must of been around 35-40ish ........anyway i suppose whatever floats your boat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back