• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ow my god.......Just read reag through a thread on here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't go and my only exposure to the game is what has been written on here. Based on that, it looks like the worst win in our history.

The whole 'who's the best fan' thing is as ridiculous as ever

The so called fare-weather fans infact the fans in question on the boo boy thread, aint no where near fare-weather fans.

those fans would put SUFC before alot even family, guys who go week in week out unlike so many on here, who just sit infront of there screen making comments they no nothing about

So that makes it OK to shout abuse at the players and to ruin the matchday experience for everyone else, just because you go every week and put football before your families.

Everyone is different in their attitude to what SUFC means to them, and where is comes on their list of priorites. I have been going for 22 years, STH for about 10, and go to about 5 or 6 away games a season. I also go to some evening reserve games, and went to the youth team FA cup game a couple of weeks ago. I do however have financial, time, family and other commitments, otherwise I would probably go more.

However, I couldn't give a flying **** if someone else has gone to one game a year, if when they are in the ground they shout, cheer and support the team (or even sit quietly and watch), they are by far more welcome in my eyes than the knobs at the back of the west stand, who boo and abuse the players. :guns:

Yesterday was 85 minutes of dross, saved by a 5 minute spell where we scored twice and they had a player sent off.

In particular in the first half we were awful (with a couple of exceptions) yet despite this I personally continued to cheer the boys along and only made positive noise towards the pitch. Comments made to friends sitting around me were more honest, but nothing that would have made it to the ears of the players. However I did boo them off the pitch at half time and make no apology for that, they were extremely poor and I think to applaud them off would have given the wrong impression to the players that what they served up was acceptable.

Come the start of the second half though I was up cheering and yelling encouragement again and continued this through to the final whistle. Alex Revell in particular got a lot of vocal encouragement from a number of people sitting near me in the South Upper as the game drew to a close. He was completely knackered and we just kept telling him to keep going - hopefully it had some sort of positive effect.

It's not as black and white as always being positive towards the team or always being a moaner. During the game you can run through a whole range of emotions, that's what makes the game so great, and that is reflected in what gets shouted towards the pitch. Personally I'd rather be far more upbeat than not but it's not always a good thing to cheer everything blindly - that in itself can be counter-productive.

However, I couldn't give a flying **** if someone else has gone to one game a year, if when they are in the ground they shout, cheer and support the team (or even sit quietly and watch), they are by far more welcome in my eyes than the knobs at the back of the west stand, who boo and abuse the players. :guns:

I'm glad someone has the same viewpoint as me, I've only been to 4 home and 2 away games this season, being young and unemployed its not that easy to get to games. Whenever I've got the spare cash il go to a game, and cheer the team no matter if we're 2-0 up or 4-0 down.

Tell me if I'm wrong here but a southend supporter defining the word supporter, would mean to support the team whatever and whenever it happens, these people who boo and jeer, are not supporting the team therefore they are not supporters IMO.

The so called fare-weather fans infact the fans in question on the boo boy thread, aint no where near fare-weather fans.

those fans would put SUFC before alot even family, guys who go week in week out unlike so many on here, who just sit infront of there screen making comments they no nothing about

Unfortunatly logisticly, i am unable to attend as many games as i would want to, but that does not make me any more or less a loyal supporter of Southend United.

Unfortunatly logisticly, i am unable to attend as many games as i would want to, but that does not make me any more or less a loyal supporter of Southend United.

Its just any old excuse with some people.....:p And I fully expect you at the ladies game next Sunday!!!! :rolleyes: ;)

Any fan who supports the team and urges them on to do the very best that they can is a supporter. Whilst booing maybe acceptable if you have to bring any negativity to it (I am usually just quiet with my head in my hands), personal abuse at anyone in a Southend shirt surely isnt. It doesnt help at all.....and I doubt anyone who does it would like it done in return.

Its just any old excuse with some people.....:p And I fully expect you at the ladies game next Sunday!!!! :rolleyes: ;)

Any fan who supports the team and urges them on to do the very best that they can is a supporter. Whilst booing maybe acceptable if you have to bring any negativity to it (I am usually just quiet with my head in my hands), personal abuse at anyone in a Southend shirt surely isnt. It doesnt help at all.....and I doubt anyone who does it would like it done in return.

Mate...you make the sandwiches and i will be there

Mate...you make the sandwiches and i will be there

As long as it dont involve your lunch box....:p

Theres a burger van at Eastwoodbury lane....and sometimes its open...;)

We could always get the ladies to do us something at half time....iron the odd shirt or two aswell.....I will let you ask Sarah tho, good luck and I am running in the other direction when you ask...:hilarious:

You don't seem to be getting the message that turning up every week home and away makes you a spectator, not a supporter. If you consider yourself to be a supporter then SUPPORT the team. If a player is having a mare then consider what you could do to improve matters; encourage the player, or even criticise him if you think that's going to help, but try to be constructive rather than abusive.

I've got no problem with shouting "advice" to players. On Saturday I can't count how many times I shouted "Get stuck in Gower", "Get Onside Barnard", or similar. But abusing your own players is just totally counter-productive.

I echo that statment mate, and also find it laughable (but also equally commendable) that I was singled out in one of the rants from a certain poster on the thread that was closed down!

I'e just watched the Football League highlights show on Sky and in the commentary they mentioned how Tilly had been quoted as saying he and the players were upset with the booing at half time.

Well seeing how we went on to turn an abject display in the first half into 3 points I'd say the booing did it's job.

I echo that statment mate, and also find it laughable (but also equally commendable) that I was singled out in one of the rants from a certain poster on the thread that was closed down!

that was probably because of your devilish good looks

:hilarious:

I'e just watched the Football League highlights show on Sky and in the commentary they mentioned how Tilly had been quoted as saying he and the players were upset with the booing at half time.

Well seeing how we went on to turn an abject display in the first half into 3 points I'd say the booing did it's job.

Ow dear........here we go again!!!!!

I thinky the err boooey must of done thee errr Jobby... by the sounds of it.

The players - do not deserve to be cheered if they are ****... regardless of what the definititon of supporter is.. you pay your money you take your choice.. It is every mans right to have a good old booo.....

I thinky the err boooey must of done thee errr Jobby... by the sounds of it.

The players - do not deserve to be cheered if they are ****... regardless of what the definititon of supporter is.. you pay your money you take your choice.. It is every mans right to have a good old booo.....

Although i feel supporting the Blues is the most important thing throughout the whole 90 mins I can not totally disagree with these comment because i have myself made this kind of statement in the past and it would be hypercritical of me to criticize these comments

When the whistle blows to start the game untill it blows to end the half then of course be positive. I do not however see any problem with making your feelings known at half time if the team played as poorly as they did on Saturday.

I'm not saying it is an automatic reaction to boo them off if we're losing at half-time, but we were that bad against Hartlepool I feel it was justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back