• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Own goal?

RobM

55 years as a supporter!⭐
When did we last benefit from a corking own goal? Not one of those weedy deflection types but a ripping net-buster?

When did we last benefit from a corking own goal? Not one of those weedy deflection types but a ripping net-buster?

Is it really wise to bring up the subject of OGs when you consider where we are off to on Saturday :thump: :thump: :thump:

Last one I can remember is when Rhys Weston scored a cracking diving header into his own net for us whilst playing for Cardiff at RH in 00/01. I laughed myself to sleep that night, considering Cardiff should have been out of sight by then and went home with a 1-1 draw.

Is it really wise to bring up the subject of OGs when you consider where we are off to on Saturday :thump: :thump: :thump:

Good point :)

Last edited:

I assumed the thread was going to be about WHO was going to score ours this weekend. My money is on a scorchio from Nicky Bailey. Top right corner. Flavs nowhere near it.

3-1 Southend victory though, so I'm actually looking forward to seeing it.

I assumed the thread was going to be about WHO was going to score ours this weekend. My money is on a scorchio from Nicky Bailey. Top right corner. Flavs nowhere near it.

Ah, that reminds me - haven't put up my usual 'comedic' thread yet. I wonder if the ever-popular "F*** off Jonny you Borient c***" option is going to win for the 4th consecutive poll?

My money is on a cracking low finish from Peter Clarke.... ;)

I thought he sliced it and it bounced around the goalkeeper?

Maybe im thinking of something else?
Yup, I'm pretty sure he sliced it as well?!

Definitely right about the game though. Remember being under pressure for literally 90 minutes, and then up pops Rhy Weston to help us out. Then I do believe that was the game when the Cardiff fans decided to launch themselves over the wall at the West Stand "F Block" massive.

That goes without saying :thump:

Last one I can remember is when Rhys Weston scored a cracking diving header into his own net for us whilst playing for Cardiff at RH in 00/01. I laughed myself to sleep that night, considering Cardiff should have been out of sight by then and went home with a 1-1 draw.

Good point :)

I seem to recall he sliced it past the 'keeper in the last minute. I think it was something like the 7th successive game Cardiff had scored an own goal.

I seem to remember their previous effort had been from 40 yards!

We don't seem to have many own goals for us full stop!

Scored a few though, Spinners finish at Hillsborough last season being up there with the finest!

Back