• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oxford sack Alsop

Stan

Youth Team
He had his contract terminated this morning.
The club have said this:

"Following an incident at the Kassam Stadium a disciplinary hearing was convened last week, and having heard the evidence the club has taken the decision to dismiss Julian Alsop with immediate effect. The club will not make any further comment on this matter".

It was after the Yeovil game where oxford were defeated 6-1, when he failed to turn up to the subsequent Sunday morning  training and was fined,  despite the fact his wife had given birth just 2 days before.

Got this off the oxford rivals site

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ Oct. 18 2004,21:04)]Ooooh sounds a bit harsh to me.
yep, and about 2 weeks ago he was rejected a transfer request by oxford.

rock.gif

Hmmm, other reports say it was for a 'lewd prank' in the dressing room and 3 youth players have also been suspended...

If we didnt have Fredy, I'd say get him in!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Oct. 19 2004,08:39)]Hmmm, other reports say it was for a 'lewd prank' in the dressing room and 3 youth players have also been suspended...

If we didnt have Fredy, I'd say get him in!
For what it's worth I hope Tilly & Brush keep an eye on this situation as I can't help but feel that young Fredy will be whisked off somewhere else while Uncle Ron dithers about which gold & jewel encrusted cheque book he should use.

A fit & comitted Alsop in L2 is at least worth a good 15 goals + a season & combined with Gray would be a handful against anyone.

yesterdays sun had the full story in it but I cant get into the sun archives to get it! sick noncey stuff but not surprising with that nonce rix as manager!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Oct. 21 2004,14:52)]He tried to put a banana up a 16 yo trainees arse having stripped him naked.

As you do.
Seriously?!

wow.gif

Crumbs. I think it's fair to say that Mr. Alsop has some "issues" which perhaps he needs to deal with...

wow.gif
ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 21 2004,14:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Oct. 21 2004,14:52)]He tried to put a banana up a 16 yo trainees arse having stripped him naked.

As you do.
Seriously?!

wow.gif

Crumbs.  I think it's fair to say that Mr. Alsop has some "issues" which perhaps he needs to deal with...

wow.gif

ghostface.gif
According to yesterdays Sun, yes.

According to an Oxford fan on L2, this 16yo always used to take the **** out of him for being a washed up journeyman, injury prone etc... but you dont need that kind of comeback. The 2 youth players who helped Alsop out have been suspended pending further investigations and look likely to be kicked out as well ...

Kev

And all this at a club managed by a man who did time for shagging a 15-year-old.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ Oct. 21 2004,17:08)]And all this at a club managed by a man who did time for shagging a 15-year-old.
Ooh, astutely observed there, sir...

wink.gif

More's the point... he's not much cop as a manager, is he? Has he ever had any success? He managed to keep Pompey in the lower half of Div 1... until Harry took over and promptly took them up to the Premiership.

rock.gif

Oxford won't feature in the play-offs or promotion places this year... precisely because of Rix, IMHO.

Matt

I hope the police get involved with this. Alsop is a sick perveted waste of space and I'd be disgusted if the Club even thought of signing the fella. He used to be a half-decent player at this level and when I first heard he'd been sacked I thought wonder if Tilly will give him ago. Then I read the Sun's story and was promtly horrified. His a ****.
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 21 2004,17:28)]More's the point... he's not much cop as a manager, is he?  Has he ever had any success?  He managed to keep Pompey in the lower half of Div 1... until Harry took over and promptly took them up to the Premiership.

rock.gif

Oxford won't feature in the play-offs or promotion places this year... precisely because of Rix, IMHO.
Which makes our Boards decision not to even invite him for an interview when he was desperate to succeed Newman, look a pretty good one!
wink.gif

Rix is a good coach but not a decent manager. Simple as.

Back