• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

eaststander

Youth Team
Have received an e-mail from the club signed by Phil Brown offering ticket for £10 for Mondays game. Does this mean ticket sales are down as match on Sky?
Anyone else received this - not addressed to me personally - but Dear Fan.

I too had an email from "Phil Brown" but when I went to open the e-mail it stated that "the attachment had been removed as it was not from a reliable site" you couldn't make it up :smile:

Hmm - seems reliable as the Buy tickets link went to SUFC website.
E mail mentions that I had purchased tickets for past games but had not yet got one for Oxford. After speaking to the chairman he agreed the reduced price - Pb that is not me!.
Goes on to say about support is vital etc. etc

Yes I got it, frustrated by it all as I am a STH so the whole "bought tickets recently" was a load of rubbish.

Last edited:
Had wondered about that as I have missed a few games this year due to ill health but have never been offered reduced price tickets before!. So there was me thinking it was just meant for me!!:winking:

Personally going to watch the game indoors with a few beers as im skint and think we will get beat in the next two games anyway leaving us adrift. I have seen nothing in recent weeks to suggest the players have the fight or stomach to get back to winning ways.

Love to be proved wrong though and see two wins in the next two games.

Get in early and get a ticket for £19. Leave it to the last minute and get one for £10. Hmmm ... must remember to get in early next time!

Not on really, but I can see why they've done it. Do you get the impression there haven't been many early ticket sales ?

Has anyone kept track of the promotions this year? I can't make every match so I already know my season ticket is not cost effective, but that's my choice and I put a value on other benefits it gives

Get in early and get a ticket for £19. Leave it to the last minute and get one for £10. Hmmm ... must remember to get in early next time!

Yes, just great. You buy in advance at £19 for Bury, Oxford and Torquay and then the club do this to loyal supporters.

It doesnt seem to work anyway, half the people that turn up with promotions on tickets are not interested anyway and are too scared to make any noise. Maybe not the case with this promotion if they are only being offered to existing fans. Still whats the pointin buying a head anymore im bought up to wimbeldon anymore of these and I think I will wait it out.

I never get emails like that, I've been to 3 games this season two away and the Newport game at home and they have my email address with my details.

Oxford game on Monday could be our lowest crowd of the season. That will look good on TV!
They should have announced this offer much earlier.

Result for me, though. :thumbsup:

Always buy mine a day or two before the game so went down as usual this morning and got mine for £10.

Usual ticket office organisation though, they had a list about 6 or 7 pages long with about 40 names, addresses, and post codes on each sheet. Now if I was going to work from a list like that I would sort the list by name, address or post code, not the ticket office, they're all in random order so they have to go through the whole lot to tick you off.

Mind you I was the only tick on the sheet.:unsure:

I see there are no tickets available on line for the South Lower. Are we giving some away? (Probably struggling to do that on current form!).

The ticket office never seems to change from year to year - the staff, computer systems and database are all as clueless as one another. Complete shambles.

I see there are no tickets available on line for the South Lower. Are we giving some away? (Probably struggling to do that on current form!).

They usually give South Lower tickets free to local schools from time to time , but I would be surprised if they are doing it for an evening match during term time.

Going a bit :off topic: i know, but here we are nearly into April and no letter from Ron offering deal on next seasons season card. Are we flush with money at the moment then??

I never renewed my season ticket last year as I was skint. Was always going to go to the Oxford game but had not yet bought my ticket and was intending to sort this out on Monday by getting there a bit early. Cue the e mail fro PB and a quick phone call and it is mine for a tenner. :winking:

Result but I can well understand season ticket holders being ****ed off by this.

Back