• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
Get the good news down here people. I've been restauranting in Padrino's and the phone signal was non existent so coming home to this score was fabulous news and a great response to Millwall. Really looking forward to Northampton Saturday.

Superb result

Sounded like we rode our luck in the 1st, but hey we had none against the scum, so it is our turn. Turned it round with a gutsy 2nd half,

Positive line up and subs from PB, we pushed forward and played for the 3 points against one of the form teams in the division, so well pleased.

One thing I did notice at the game on Saturday and from the commentary tonight is Ted's distribution, which really needs to improve. On a few occasions against the scum; his clearances and a mix-up put us under pressure, he is growing in confidence, so hopefully he can learn from having Anton in front of him.

Dare I say the type of game you manage to win in a promotion campaign? Not at it but 2-0! Huge game sat and potentially an even bigger one next Tuesday..!

Great result tonight. Glad that Paul Clark agrees with me that McGlashan is more effective as an impact sub late in the game. He exposes our full backs defensive frailties when he starts and leaves a hole for opposition to play in. McLoughlin doesn't do that. Also show you how much we miss Atkinson when he's not playing - he has become a key player for us. ithink we must have the best forwards (collectively) in League 1. Teams see off Cox and MAF only to see Ranger and Theo come on. Exciting stuff at the moment.

2 shots on target two goals, clean sheet, 3 points, nuff said

That's what the BBC stats say, but I think they are wrong. ( Iwasn't at the game , but listening to the Radio and from the Oxford Forum, their goalie made two other good saves., one from an overhead kick by Cox.

Well done boys. Amazing turnaround.

Well done Phil. Fan turnout is as ever brilliant.

Ten points off of automatics. Two defeats in 20 - one of which we had ten men. We've nine of the bottom ten to come. I think second should be the target from here.

here's to you Theo Robinson
Southend loves you more than you can know
Here's to you Theo Robinson
Southend loves you when you score a goal
oh oh oh oh

Match report: Oxford United 0, Southend United 2

SECOND-HALF headers from Marc-Antoine Fortune and Theo Robinson saw Southend United secure an impressive 2-0 victory at Oxford United tonight.

More...

Feeling a lot more hopeful after tonight's victory and other teams dropping points too :-)

Just think how much better we'll be going into the run in with McLaughlin, Oxley and Atko back in the squad.

Last edited:
Ten points off of automatics. Two defeats in 20 - one of which we had ten men. We've nine of the bottom ten to come. I think second should be the target from here.

I think second will be too far, that will go to Bolton I think.

No reason we can't get in the top 5 though. We're on a roll and have a good fixture list coming.

Just home after taking an age to get out if the car park and then having to avoid certain parts of the M25

this was the mother of all win ugly games. First half we were awful, couldn't seem to do anything right and other than an overhead kick well saved by the keeper we created nothing. The one positive being still level at half time. The midfield couldn't seem to pass to anyone in a blue shirt, for all there running the front two were starved of any service. At the back AT and AF stood firm.

second half very different. All of a sudden we crunched into tackles and at last started to get in the Oxford faces. We go at the ball forward quickly and started to get in behind them. However for all that I just couldn't see us scoring and Oxford were still very dangerous on the break. The first goal was well worked and JD cross was inch perfect for MAF to bullet a header pass the keeper. PB made the right substitutions at the right time and The very lively Theo deservedly got his reward

once again AT and AF were easily mom contenders, Wordsworth better than Saturday but still lethargic at times. All four forwards contributed in some way. Mcglashan tried hard, but found it difficult to get into the game and at times looked frustrated. Timlin second half was much better, Leonard did was Leonard does

us fans, brilliant as ever, never stopped singing even when it was tough during the first half, I believe it was 472 but seemed more. Anyway a great evening and roll on saturday

Back