• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

3 key facts:

Oxford remain as the only league club with the picture of a castrated Bovine on their shirt.

The plural of ox is oxen - I believe that this is the old Saxon language.

Oxford has the highest murder rate in the country as witnessed by all the cases Morse (and lately Lewis) have had to deal with.

Mark Rawle played for both Southend and Oxford (but not at the same time).

3 key facts:

Oxford remain as the only league club with the picture of a castrated Bovine on their shirt.

Oxford has the highest murder rate in the country as witnessed by all the cases Morse (and lately Lewis) have had to deal with.

Sorry to be the one to break the news Rattus, but that is four facts.

3 key facts:

Midsummer has easily overtaken them mate - it's like a bloodbath.

First time visiting the ground, where will most people be likely to drink before the game? Heard that there's little around the ground?

From the Internet Ground Guide...

Dave Langford a visiting Northampton Town fan tells me; 'I found a small local pub called the George Inn, situated in Littlemore just off the ring road (not far from Sainsburys). It had a number of television screens showing the early kick off and we were served fairly quickly. The Oxford fans at the pub made us very welcome and the landlord suggested that I leave my car in the pub car park for the duration of the match as the stadium was only a ten minute walk away. There were assorted pies and sausage rolls available. All in all a good find.' Also in Littlemore is the British Legion Club (OX4 4LZ) which also welcomes away fans. You are also able to park your car there for the duration of the game. Please note though that for certain high profile games (on Police advice) that both the pub and Club do not admit visiting supporters.

Thank you for the reponses. I think I will go to a pub a little away from the ground if that's the case and head to the ground for a drink before kick off. Looking forward to it!

Just booked my tickets - apparently we've now sold the 600 that Oxford sent to us, but more will be available to buy on the day tomorrow (cash only - no price increase).

I've a good feeling about this one but I also had a good feeling before the game v Plymouth - though that might have had more to do with pre-match prep. at The Fortescue.

I'd be interested to see some players that I've not seen before but I'd be happier if SCP gives game time to those who he wants to stay next season. Sad to hear that Oxley might be on his way.

I look forward to visiting a ground I've not been to before and to my last game of the season. COYBB.

It will be OK Rob - I won`t be there :winking:

Oxford used to be a game we would always sell out. 650 is pretty poor tbh but who can blame many fans for not going with such a bad away record and not as if we're pushing for playoffs etc.

Back