• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oxford seem to be a tad unpredictable of late, lost to some lower placed teams in the league, when they should have got better results, and on the other hand, they've beaten higher placed teams than us such as Charlton & Peterborough.
Maybe tonight's game against Fleetwood could be a small indicator as of how Saturday goes.

All being said, I'm going for a narrow 2-1 win for the Shrimpers.

If this was a "normal" league game, I would go back to a 4-4-2 - same back four, Mantom back on the bench and Fortune up front with Cox.

But I suspect that C.P. will continue to try different combinations of players to better inform his summer decision making. So who knows - he may stick with Mantom in the middle and give Dru or Tims and rest, perhaps try Kyps or Elvis at the back or even give Woody another run out. Or perhaps give Ladapo and Harrison another chance to show what they are about.

And there is Bishop - if Oxley is likely to leave, then perhaps give him a chance or Robinson up front and Wright in the midfield.

In summary, there are more possible combinations than I've had meat pies! :smiles:

Our season is over, they'll still fighting for survival. We'll lose.

In which case it would probably be best if we gave them a "spanking" ..... that will be beneficial to Oxford as it will give them some additional motivation to do well over the 5 remaining games that they have. :tease:

I think we did quite well at their gaff last season, didn't we?

3-1 to us, it's written in the stars, you heard it here first. Optimism reigns, I raise my half full glass. COYBB

Thanks. But sadly it's the truth. Coxy & co are already on the beach.

You may be but Simon isn't.

He was working his socks off at Blackburn. On his own up front away from home against the league leaders. That's the definition of a thankless task and he manfully stuck to it.

I'm going along with my nipper....hopefully a good crowd of Shrimpers on tour...:happy:

A nice enough ground; I have been 4 times, and 3 times stewards have been fine but 1 time I saw them being obnoxious with the drummer lad (who was a tad out of socially nice expression) so I hope you find it all good. The chip shop in the nearby shops is ok but can, obviously, get as busy as the one by the Blue Boar Corner does for our games. Parking is good if you get there in good time. Enjoy a 2 nil Blues win. 2 Cox goals!

Going to an w/e event at our daughter's in Birmingham. going Friday back Sunday. ****ed off just doesn't enter into it. Really wanted to go to this one. Pah.

On the football front I reckon we will revert to 4 4 2. I'm not sure who will start but I would go with:

Oxley

Demi White Turner Coker

Kightly Yearwood Mantom McLaughlin

Cox Fortune

Thanks. But sadly it's the truth. Coxy & co are already on the beach.

I agree with MK on the whole. ......But it wont be this weekend. I still expect a strong side to start on Saturday.

It's most likely that Bradford will pick up a point or two what with their 2 games in hand, so they will probably finish above us.
Mk Dons & Oldham can't realistically go above us, and we have a small chance of over taking Bristol Rovers, but at what expensive? (in terms of injury to senior players we want to keep next season etc)

As others have mentioned, it would probably be in SCP's interest to give some of the bench warmers a chance to shine and evaluate their performance in the last few games of this season and make a decision to keep them or off load them before next season starts.

So we should all be content that we will finish in a mid table position, and look forward to who we bring in to strengthen the squad next season, and push on from there.

Going to an w/e event at our daughter's in Birmingham. going Friday back Sunday. ****ed off just doesn't enter into it. Really wanted to go to this one. Pah.

On the football front I reckon we will revert to 4 4 2. I'm not sure who will start but I would go with:

Oxley

Demi White Turner Coker

Kightly Yearwood Mantom McLaughlin

Cox Fortune

Since when did parents get invited to their kid's Uni. "events" ? (Obviously a bit too early for a graduation ceremony). Get your retirement priorities right old chap. :winking:

Like your team selection btw.

Since when did parents get invited to their kid's Uni. "events" ? (Obviously a bit too early for a graduation ceremony). Get your retirement priorities right old chap. :winking:

Like your team selection btw.

Our daughter is 40 and this is our first visit since she and her partner moved into their new apartment in Birmingham. Stuff to see, things to do I'm told. In true Barna style it's worth mentioning that she is finishing off her doctorate stuff in between working. Sometimes retirement priorities are outside of my influence. 2-0 to Southend by the way.

Back