• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No we won't, we could lose all our games and not go down....oldham are playing rochdale in the week as the game in hand so we will be 7 points clear with 4 to play. Teams going down dont average 7 points in 4 games. 51 will see you safe this season, you'll see. I dont think in the history of 3 rd tier a team has gone down with 53 points......in response to barling magna

That's true, the highest is 52 a while back. Torquay went down in 2005 with 51 points. We're pretty safe I agree, but it will still be a nervous finish to the season if we do lose our remaining games.

Try 1988/9

And more recently, Peterborough in the 2012/13 season.

They got relegated along side with Wolves, who also got dumped down to Division 2, which incidentally, just this evening, have been promoted back into the Premier League after Fulham's draw with Brentford.

So rule of thumb, 54 points is never safe, if it can happen, it will happen...especially to us, as it's happened before. That's get to 56 points on Saturday or asap & just breath easy, & focus on next season.

Ahh yes 54 points in May 1989 - blimey a record in the 3rd tier that still stands...hope it's not an omen!!! Maybe i might put that tenna on.............nope still think it's job done

Nope, as mentioned, it was equaled just a few years ago in 2013.

Nothing is a given in League One, with 4 teams going down, instead of the usual 3 clubs.

Agreed .......... but the budget will be tight and C.P. has some tricky decisions to contend with.

An alternative view is that Fortune has bagged a contract for next year already and has gone off to do some finishing. :omg:
Edited for accuracy

Maybe i might put that tenna on.............nope still think it's job done

I see the odds on our relegation have fallen to 200/1 now with SkyBet...... although that sounds pretty good odds to me. We'll be OK, but I do wonder if we'll gain another point this season......

I see the odds on our relegation have fallen to 200/1 now with SkyBet...... although that sounds pretty good odds to me. We'll be OK, but I do wonder if we'll gain another point this season......

We do always seem not to do very well at the end of any season including some of our promotion seasons. But if we were not to get any points from our last 4 games that would mean 6 straight defeats. That's bad even for us. Hopefully that won't happen.

Back