• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ayrshire Blue

The Custard Splat
With all of yesterday's excitement out of the way I think its time we started one of these.

I'd like to see us line up with...

Bentley

White Thompson Barrett Coker

Deegan

Worrall.....................Timlin

Payne

Piggott Cassidy

SUBS: P.Smith, Prosser, Hurst, Leonard, Corr, Coulthirst, J.Williams

I don't have the issue of Prosser and Barrett playing alongside each other because they're both left footed. No one bats an eyelid at two right footers playing together. With Thompson, I see a player in there somewhere just bursting to come out. I think having someone of Barrett's experience alongside him is really going to help progress his game.

Id go with similar, Prosser for Thompson and Leonard for Worrall.

I think Worrall is one of our better players but dont see him as a central midfielder and dont see how he fits in that formation.

With all of yesterday's excitement out of the way I think its time we started one of these.

Bentley

Deegan

Payne

Piggott Cassidy

I don't have the issue of Prosser and Barrett playing alongside each other because they're both left footed. No one bats an eyelid at two right footers playing together. With Thompson, I see a player in there somewhere just bursting to come out. I think having someone of Barrett's experience alongside him is really going to help progress his game.

Bench a bit striker heavy?

Bentley

Deegan

Payne

Piggott Cassidy

the jury is still out on Thompson for me but I would have him ahead of Prosser too, Prosser has been the right guy to play because he is vocal and marshalls the defence, Barrett can do that now. Prossers improvement has been amazing, would never have thought he'd be the player he is today from his early days here. I do think he is doing as well as he cen with his limited ability though and Ideally i'd like to see Bolger next to the experienced Barrett. Thompson gets the nod for me tomorrow though. I'd actually be tempted by JBW if he was our player, think his pace would compliment Barrett and could see them being a very good partnership.

I think we may well start with 2 up front, but that may mean sacrificing Jack Payne from the starting XI.

I think he may well start like this:

Bentley

Worrall Leonard Deegan Weston

Cassidy Pigott

Subs: Paul Smith, Prosser, Binnom-Williams, Payne, Hurst, Coulthirst, Corr​

If we play 442 with the forwards playing just apart from each other we will spank them,however if Phil does his usual then I expect anything from 0 0 to 1 0 either way.

Attack attack attack.Stuff the 4411 stuff the 451..either 442 or 352 the only way forward.

Id go with similar, Prosser for Thompson and Leonard for Worrall.

I think Worrall is one of our better players but dont see him as a central midfielder and dont see how he fits in that formation.

He will be on the right wing.

As for Thompson, apart from giving away an easy pass I thought he put in a solid performance against Plymouth and had Reid in his pocket winning every header.

He will be on the right wing.

As for Thompson, apart from giving away an easy pass I thought he put in a solid performance against Plymouth and had Reid in his pocket winning every header.

I do hope he was given a fine for bleaching his hair though :hilarious:

I actually have no idea what lineup to expect tomorrow. Will be interesting to see who starts and who misses out from last week. I would assume that the new boy and Barrett are nailed on starters though surely?

Maybe a team that keeps a clean sheet should not change its defence ? Would be a major shock but i wonder if we will start with
.....................Bentley.....................
White...Thompson...Binnon Williams...Coker
Worrall....Leonard....Deegan.......Timlin
........Cassidy..............Piggott.........

Maybe a team that keeps a clean sheet should not change its defence ? Would be a major shock but i wonder if we will start with
.....................Bentley.....................
White...Thompson...Binnon Williams...Coker
Worrall....Leonard....Deegan.......Timlin
........Cassidy..............Piggott.........

Think that could be the line up - or, my preferred option, Barrett & Prosser in the centre of defence.

.................Bentley..................
White...Barrett...Prosser...Coker
.................Deegan.................
Worrall............................Hurst
..................Payne..................
..........Cassidy...Coulthirst.......

UTB

Back