• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oxley is terrible.

We let the wrong goalkeeper go over the summer, I can tell you that for nothing

Said this all along; it was wrong to give Oxley a 3 year contract based on the number of keepers we had coming through

Ok, I’ll be the second person to say it. This ref is a complete berk. He can’t have ever played football himself and he should’ve gone to specsavers

I am not a one for criticising our own players and am totally against it especially on a public forum but I do find myself getting very frustrated with Mr Oxley.
For such a tall lad he should be commanding his box better and for heavens sake please just catch the ball rather than punch it out however, in saying that he has done quite a few shot savers.
I really do think we should have kept young Ted and I don’t see what Bishop done wrong last season when he was dropped.

I am not a one for criticising our own players and am totally against it especially on a public forum but I do find myself getting very frustrated with Mr Oxley.
For such a tall lad he should be commanding his box better and for heavens sake please just catch the ball rather than punch it out however, in saying that he has done quite a few shot savers.
I really do think we should have kept young Ted and I don’t see what Bishop done wrong last season when he was dropped.
Sometimes it’s good to have two players battling for one jersey. The problem here I think is that neither one is quite good enough (at the moment?) to make it their own.

Sometimes it’s good to have two players battling for one jersey. The problem here I think is that neither one is quite good enough (at the moment?) to make it their own.
I agree with your first sentence. But the problem is it should be Bishop and Smith.

Ox got down really fast and well to stop an almost nailed on cert 4th goal.He isn't good at coming for balls or calling. We know that, the team know that, collectively they made a dogs dinner of the high balls in the first half. Ox needs to distribute better and faster but today same could be said of the whole defensive 6/7 players.

Ox got down really fast and well to stop an almost nailed on cert 4th goal.He isn't good at coming for balls or calling. We know that, the team know that, collectively they made a dogs dinner of the high balls in the first half. Ox needs to distribute better and faster but today same could be said of the whole defensive 6/7 players.
Will here's an idea then. Why not play a keeper who does come for balls, who does call, and who does catch. Answers to the name of Bishop. You should not expect a defence to have to fall in with a keeper's idiosyncrasies.

He punches Charlton players better than he punches the ball.

Back