• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oxley is terrible.

I thought Milligan was going to burst a blood vessel in frustration at times in both halves. Time and again he broke up play and bought the ball out desperate for our mid boys to make themselves available for the pass. That, sadly, didn't happen all that much, and when it did a lot of the time they positioned themselves next to a Blackpool player rather than moving into space.

This, unfortunately, is our major issue at the moment. And I’d say it’s actually something which has been an issue back to Brown’s days. Nobody makes themselves available. Whether it’s that they can’t or won’t, I don’t know. But now that we have someone in Milligan who can get on the ball and has the vision to spot a pass, his teammates ahead of him should be moving off the ball, peeling away from markers, pulling the defence about, running into space, something.....anything. But they’re not. Either a complete lack of work ethic, or a complete lack of a footballing brain. I can’t decide which at the moment.

This, unfortunately, is our major issue at the moment. And I’d say it’s actually something which has been an issue back to Brown’s days. Nobody makes themselves available. Whether it’s that they can’t or won’t, I don’t know. But now that we have someone in Milligan who can get on the ball and has the vision to spot a pass, his teammates ahead of him should be moving off the ball, peeling away from markers, pulling the defence about, running into space, something.....anything. But they’re not. Either a complete lack of work ethic, or a complete lack of a footballing brain. I can’t decide which at the moment.

Remember when Maher had the ball and he had so many options - to Gower, or Benno, or chipped through to Gray, or maybe to Guttridge, or even Freddy if he had space.

Capelton?? He was awful

I think that Napster may have been being a little mischievous with that one but, in my opinion, Mel wasn't as bad as he is now painted. He made some terrific saves and, if I remember correctly, saved a total of seven consecutive penalties.

I think he was Southend's Bruce Grobbelaar; a great personality who occasionally had a rush of blood to the head which cost the team. I still loved watching him though.

And I will always remember the away game at Barnet when he came on in the second half to put Prudhoe out of his misery.

I think it often appears that they don't want to take any responsibility in case they make a mistake.

I think that Napster may have been being a little mischievous with that one but, in my opinion, Mel wasn't as bad as he is now painted. He made some terrific saves and, if I remember correctly, saved a total of seven consecutive penalties.

I think he was Southend's Bruce Grobbelaar; a great personality who occasionally had a rush of blood to the head which cost the team. I still loved watching him though.

And I will always remember the away game at Barnet when he came on in the second half to put Prudhoe out of his misery.

I think it was us missing seven in a row.

Loved Mel. Wasn't that Barnet game the one with a 20 player brawl or is my memory playing tricks?

was that the one where Roget got sent off for congratulating their player for scoring an own goal then smashed up their stereo?

Mel might have been good at saving penalties but he did give away the most blatant back pass I can remember seeing

was that the one where Roget got sent off for congratulating their player for scoring an own goal then smashed up their stereo?

Mel might have been good at saving penalties but he did give away the most blatant back pass I can remember seeing

Ah, it was something to do with someone 'having a laugh with their keeper and it subsequently turned out they were good mates iirc.

I'm sure Leo smashed up the stereo at the Hall.

How we could do with some of this spirit now (preferably without the violence)

Ah, it was something to do with someone 'having a laugh with their keeper and it subsequently turned out they were good mates iirc.

I'm sure Leo smashed up the stereo at the Hall.

How we could do with some of this spirit now (preferably without the violence)

No that was Carruthers and Heald.

....crowd power that was........'we want Mel'.........and out he comes for the second half!

Can’t believe so many so called fans are slagging our keeper off at this stage of the season, he is by far one of the best keepers in this league and not so long ago could of walked out on this club to go and give it a go in the championship, his form since being with us has been superb, saved us on many occasions from getting thumped and also got us points himself, we will not get a better replacement by being in this league for sure, I’m sure so many won’t be moaning when he makes save after save again in the coming weeks eh.

Can’t believe so many so called fans are slagging our keeper off at this stage of the season, he is by far one of the best keepers in this league and not so long ago could of walked out on this club to go and give it a go in the championship, his form since being with us has been superb, saved us on many occasions from getting thumped and also got us points himself, we will not get a better replacement by being in this league for sure, I’m sure so many won’t be moaning when he makes save after save again in the coming weeks eh.

.......the bloke is a mouse.....not ideal for a goalkeeper!

Yes, funny how no comments tonight about Bishop conceding against a league 2 team. If Oxley had been playing i wonder what the reaction would have been ?

Yes, funny how no comments tonight about Bishop conceding against a league 2 team. If Oxley had been playing i wonder what the reaction would have been ?
By all accounts the shot was a worldy so I doubt anyone would have said anything.

Back