• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OXLEY or BISHOP v Luton

In goal v Luton ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've voted for Bishop.

Keep it in the family and all that!

Anyone know what’s up with Ted, I thought he was meant to be back to fitness a short while back?

Anyone know what’s up with Ted, I thought he was meant to be back to fitness a short while back?

No idea. I thought he was back in training.

Currently have 11 on the injury list now if Dieng is 50/50

I really hope I'm wrong but I don't think Ted will play again. A long-term shoulder injury when you are a goalkeeper is not exactly ideal. I know he has had surgery but shoulders are always sensitive and prone to recurrent injuries. The fact that his recent 'knock' happened just after the Barnsley away game, after which SCP claimed would only keep him out of action for a week, suggests that the knock is healing slower than thought.

I really hope I'm wrong but I don't think Ted will play again. A long-term shoulder injury when you are a goalkeeper is not exactly ideal. I know he has had surgery but shoulders are always sensitive and prone to recurrent injuries. The fact that his recent 'knock' happened just after the Barnsley away game, after which SCP claimed would only keep him out of action for a week, suggests that the knock is healing slower than thought.

I fear you could be right. Ted's contract expires at the end of the season (with an option of a further year).. But considering Bishop has been training with the England youth squad and have been included in the recent matches as a sub. I would say Bishop currently has the upper hand.

Be interesting to now how many posters on here have seen Nathan play a full game. Not doubting anyone but some people seen to underestimate him. This is one sharp cookie of a keeper. I rate him very highly and I would vote him into to main team.

I've voted for Bishop.

Keep it in the family and all that!

Poor old 'Deleted member 15119'. I already miss him.

It seems, you are now just a number that the system have given you. Their mission amongst us has begun and we are slowly being beamed off, one by one, to their spaceship in the sky!

I thought your posts were quite good. They were very clever and almost like they were written by HRH The Queen, herself, at times! :Winking:

*ahem* and that, friends, is why Ox had to play tonight. Not because we knew he would be a hero, but because there was a chance he might be and the confidence and morale boost he’ll get from this is exactly what the first team needs going into the tough match on Saturday.

Oxley is nowhere NEAR last season's standards in terms of his performances.
Yes but he has just got southend through saved 3 penalties out of 6. Just shows all the oxley haters, wonder whether they will be slating him tonight ???????
Well done Powell for sticking by him and proving the "experts" wrong.

Yes but he has just got southend through saved 3 penalties out of 6. Just shows all the oxley haters, wonder whether they will be slating him tonight ???????
Well done Powell for sticking by him and proving the "experts" wrong.

Nobody's an "expert" on here and the only opinions that matter are Powell's and the coaching staff but I don't think anyone can argue that Oxley has been well under par this season. After 2017/18 I wouldn't have swapped him for any other keeper in L1 and he fully deserved PotY but the drop in standards this season has been alarming IMHO. You simply cannot afford to have a goalkeeper who stays rooted to his line all the time and it's cost us a fair few goals this season. The defence has also been poor - no doubt about it - and that doesn't help but anyone who believes Oxley has performed well this campaign must have been watching different games to me. I sincerely hope his performance at Luton signals a return to form, however stopping a few penalties in a shoot-out means nothing as it's his displays in open play during league matches that is all-important. Oxley signed a big contract in the summer by all accounts - I hope he starts to show his worth and recaptures his form of 2017/18.

Back