• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OXLEY or BISHOP v Luton

In goal v Luton ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As Bishop has started the other 3 games in the Checkatrade and Oxley seemed to be injured yesterday I would suggest it will be Bishop unless Ted gets fit again quickly.

Being that Nathan has done all the other 3 games, I have voted for him. But also on the basis I think he deserves it through very hard training and work ethics.

"Multiple votes are allowed" ?????

Okay we'll have both. Oxley can stay on his line and Bishop can come for the crosses!

Not sure if the Ox is our of sorts at the moment , or confidence impaired, We certainly just cant stop conceding from set pieces, some of that is down to our capitano. His long kicking can occasionally be a great weapon and his reaction saves remain impressive, but his ability to come for the ball and claim or clear it at all costs needs working on, Given our generally respected level of goalkeeping coaching, isnt some of this required, desired in training?
You could claim he was a bit unlucky against Barnsley as two "saves " were pushed out straight to there players resulting in us being punished.
I had to listen to the Barnsley match on the radio where Paul Clark referenced the Ox not crashing through players, including his own. More red meat needed rather than red mist Mr. Ox as you are not exactly Mr. Small !! Have we got a club psychologist?
So the Bishop of Southend gets my vote

Bishop. He's done well in the other Checkatrade games, see no reason why he wouldn't start this.

With regards to Oxley, there are 13 teams with a GD worse than ours in league 1. I would not say he is that bad, but I do agree with others it needs to be better if we want to progress.
No such thing as no room for improvement

A couple of wins and all will be better again. Have faith dear friends, we will survive. COYBB

Ox for me all day long. He’s not perfect but he’s our number 1. Keepers don’t need a rest, they need to play their way into form. Ox needs this game and he should play IMO

Bishop. He's done well in the other Checkatrade games, see no reason why he wouldn't start this.

He deserves to play and has done well, I couldn’t agree more. But for me, unlike the last Checktrade games there is a good reason that Ox should play in this game to benefit the first team. Ox needs a clean sheet (and so do we) and a bit of confidence. We have to play Ox

Going to be caned who ever is in goal. Luton are in **** hot form.

Yes the are however barnsley are 1 game in hand and with that 3 points will put them on par with Luton and we held Barnsley 0-0 until last 5 minutes away and shoved 3 goals past them on Saturday (don't get me started on the disallowed goal).
Even though Luton have scored more goals at the moment they have let more in that Barnsley. My point is anything is possible. Even Luton have to lose at some point. Pompey on the other hand ...... I would rather save the best team for next weekend and concentrate on the league

I'd rest anyone with any sort of fitness issue (Dru, Dieng etc). I'd also give Hutchinson a start. Defensively were down to the bare bones so other than bringing Moore in, I can't see any other choice.

Start Theo and McCoulsky up front, both are in last chance saloon and need to make an imoression, let's save Cox for Portsmouth.

Oh, and back on topic, I've gone for Bishop to start. With Oxley's current poor form we need to see I feel he's a viable alternative.

I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a decision to ,ake. The Ox wasn't moving very well during the 2nd hald. He was injured towards the end of the 1st half. Is Ted Smith still on the sick list?

It’s a game we should be going all out to win,so Oxley obviously.
Luton will also be doing their utmost,so we’ll probably need a few of his brilliant saves,not a very inexperienced youngster.

"Multiple votes are allowed" ?????

Okay we'll have both. Oxley can stay on his line and Bishop can come for the crosses!

Ok, I thought I was pushing the technology a little, starting a thread, and adding a poll.
I'm not allowed to use the telly remote at home !!!!!!!

Ok, I thought I was pushing the technology a little, starting a thread, and adding a poll.
I'm not allowed to use the telly remote at home !!!!!!!

WHAT .... Tv's have remote controls. I was told ours don't have one
:Think::Stunned:

Back