• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oxley out today.

2 to 4 weeks which probably means 6. Apparently he has a grade 1 and a grade 2 tear in his groin.

Bass has got a dodgy lower limb having a scan and an X-ray after landing awkwardly when fouled. Probably explain why he couldn’t kick.
Bet he is gutted by now

Reactions: fbm
Was only posting what id been told. I found it strange the commentators said it was a groin. Though I personally wouldn't always take what's put out by the club to be quite true. Ie...rangers delay was in part due to admin not just the calf.
Very often a club releases info that 'deal's with a situation.
I hope it is a groin strain, not anything more complicated, but I can tell you that A fair bit of pressure was put on ox to try and play but that could cause more long term damage.

What I find more concerning is that Seaden had no idea the new keeper was being brought in until the morning of the game and going by the quotes, he didn’t seem too happy about it.

Who knows but with your carefully selected username, be prepared for a little dig here or there by vigilant posters like myself!

What I find more concerning is that Seaden had no idea the new keeper was being brought in until the morning of the game and going by the quotes, he didn’t seem too happy about it.

Who knows but with your carefully selected username, be prepared for a little dig here or there by vigilant posters like myself!
I don't think bringing in a loan keeper is particularly about Seaden. We need a keeper on the bench, so unless we went with a kid we had to get a keeper in, and you're not going to get a loan keeper willing to come to sit on the bench. It's a bigger picture kind of thing.

If Bass has to return to Portsmouth then I would imagine MM will be trawling through his contact list of goalkeepers he can get in on an emergency loan deal...even with Seadon's good performance yesterday. A good 45 minutes from the youngster doesn't necessarily mean he is ready for another game Tuesday. And then Saturday. Then the following Tuesday. I always worry about consistency of youngsters at this level and even more so with the goalkeeper position. If Bass is done and Ox isn't fit then we need a GK brought in before Tuesday IMO.

Seadon would obviously jump at the chance of a spell in the first team. That said, it’s more common than not for clubs to go for the emergency loan in these situations. If we were on 38 points, not going up nor down then it would be a different story.

That said, when he came on he did really well. If Bass were injured and we couldn’t get another keeper with experience, I’d stick with Seadon over someone else’s kid.

All valid digs welcome General.
I try and show which posts are just my opinion and those which are facts from direct contacts. Happy to be put right on anything because there are other zoners with contacts as well as myself. I
It all creates discussion which is good and of course we can all choose what posts to take on board .

Seadon would obviously jump at the chance of a spell in the first team. That said, it’s more common than not for clubs to go for the emergency loan in these situations. If we were on 38 points, not going up nor down then it would be a different story.

That said, when he came on he did really well. If Bass were injured and we couldn’t get another keeper with experience, I’d stick with Seadon over someone else’s kid.
Mentioned it on another thread, but, id be happy with Christian Walters back for a second brief loan spell. Knows our club now and seems a good keeper

Mentioned it on another thread, but, id be happy with Christian Walters back for a second brief loan spell. Knows our club now and seems a good keeper

Following Matt Ryan's move to Arsenal thought he is now backup at Brighton

All valid digs welcome General.
I try and show which posts are just my opinion and those which are facts from direct contacts. Happy to be put right on anything because there are other zoners with contacts as well as myself. I
It all creates discussion which is good and of course we can all choose what posts to take on board .

It always becomes more than digs. You will have certain posters going out of their way to prove you wrong. Knowledge is considered a dangerous challenge to group think on forums. I even had one spineless coward claim he sat behind my family at an away game. Which was total BS.

I think what sits uneasy with me is when we bring in another team's youngster ahead of our own. TBF the observation about needing a number 2 on the bench and bringing in an emergency loan to do that not being the easiest thing to do has some merit.

Nonetheless tough on Season who sits on the bench as the 2 every week waiting his chance, takes it with both hands, and is then sent back to the bench again. Probably this will great less if its a keeper at the other end of their career.

It always becomes more than digs. You will have certain posters going out of their way to prove you wrong. Knowledge is considered a dangerous challenge to group think on forums. I even had one spineless coward claim he sat behind my family at an away game. Which was total BS.
It does seem that way. But until/if it becomes more I'll happily engage in a polite way. I wouldnt say Im fortunate to know some things (same as yourself), its just how it is due to who some of us are connected to. But I am also a life long fan regardless of previous and current connections, which I feel entitles me to some opinions as well as a tiny bit of bean spilling now and again.
Am more than happy to read other peoples points of view and accept them. Will change my mind on my views if Im persuaded. But some things are just facts and thats that!

I think the GK situation has been allowed to fester for far too long ..

Oxley was dropped for some of last season due to poor performances and I think his performances have continued to be very very patchy.

No capable keeper has been added to the squad at any point so no real pressure on Oxley except from a talented youth player.

I think the management have been a bit slow to address this

I assume you mean Christian Walton, someone said elsewhere that you can't emergency loan from a Premiership club. However, if that's not true then I'd agree with you 100%, and another option would be Nathan Bishop.....

I assume you mean Christian Walton, someone said elsewhere that you can't emergency loan from a Premiership club. However, if that's not true then I'd agree with you 100%, and another option would be Nathan Bishop.....
Yep...thats him. I dont know the rules on that. Just remember him being a goof temporary addition that other players seem to get on with.

Back