• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Paddy Power Oscar Pistorius trial betting?

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Does anyone feel it is a bit sleazy being able to gamble on celebrity court cases?

I for one won't be betting after getting rinsed on an Operation Yewtree accumulator.

Lest we forget a woman was killed eh?

As Matt Lucas said on Twitter, they are a bunch of *****.

Best advertising campaign for a long time. Distasteful - yep, but they judged the reaction to a tee.

Best advertising campaign for a long time. Distasteful - yep, but they judged the reaction to a tee.

The general reaction within the industry suggests they've gone too far this time. Having said that, people continue to talk about them, so I'm sure they're laughing.

Personally, and I speak as someone who is generally a fan of Powers and what they do, I think that offering betting on this trial is really poor form.

Incidentally, you only have to go back around 12 years for when Ladbrokes wouldn't even offer relegation betting because or Head of Football thought offering negative markets was immoral!

The people who came up the campaign, yes. The suits who approved it, yes. But they employ thousands of other folk who almost certainly aren't *****. Our very own museshrimper for one.

Yes very true and that is what I meant.

If you're looking for the gambling industry to set a moral compass, then you're probably going to end up severely disappointed I'm afraid. Besides, this probably wasn't even a Paddys Own campaign as their tone is usually markedly different to this. They're courting several PR agencies in the build-up to the World Cup (If you think this was headline grabbing, you haven't seen anything yet) and are probably trialling new partners. If they wanted exposure, then they've got it.

Interesting to note though that Harriet Harman's son is quite high up in Paddys' "Mischief Department", the part of the business that handles all of this...

Racing Post ‏@RacingPost 5m

Advertising Standards Authority orders withdrawal of Paddy Power's controversial Oscar Pistorius advert.

While on the subject of Oscar Pistorius, don't forget Sports Relief. Just 5 pound can help a disabled African tell the difference between an intruder and his girlfriend.

Of course, I'm so appalled by the behaviour of Paddy power here that I've just deposited money with them for my weekend bets. Sick publicity stunt or not, they were best price on a few of my fancies...

You'd bet with Mugabe Power if it meant 2% better odds.

What price a double of Pistorious and Rebekah Brooks getting off? You have money and highly priced lawyers then you can get away with anything.

What price a double of Pistorious and Rebekah Brooks getting off? You have money and highly priced lawyers then you can get away with anything.

Being mates with David Cameron and Tony Blair isn't going to do any harm either.

In any case phone hacking is a lot less serious than murder.

Why is whether OP had his blades on important?

I have no idea, but then again I don't know where they are at with the case.

Anyone able to fill me in on what's going on and what the likely outcome is?

Why is whether OP had his blades on important?

Maybe something to do with it affecting his height and therefore possible angles of trajectory of the bullets?

Or maybe i've just been watching too many episodes of "Bones"

Back