• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
For those who may be interested...

I'm sure we all know we've got Barnet tonight and that Martin Allen has just replaced Sanchez as manager. In case anyone doesn't know, he's returned to Barnet for the third time... last season he arrived in March and had 3 mini cup finals as Barnet were near the bottom of the league. The first game was home v eventual Champs Chesterfield and they drew 2-2... a highly commendable performance and result.

The second game was away to Burton who at that stage were right at the bottom with them so a real 6 pointer... they won 4-1. Then there was a home game with Crewe, who were outside play off contenders and they won that 2-1. He then buggered off to Notts County and the only reason they stayed up was because they won their final game v Port Vale and Lincoln were so rubbish, dropping like a stone and only got 1 point in about the last 14 games or something like that.

So... he's an inspirational character.

They are fighting for their lives and although we need 3 more points to confirm the play offs we're pretty much out of the autos all bar the maths and I can't see everyone else winning all games so I think their deisre will be greater than ours.

Can't see us winning this one to be honest, although I'd love us to.

In instances like this where Southend are roaring favourites I generally have what I call a "Painkiller" bet. On Betfair, Blues are currently 1.74 to win. That means, if you backed Southend to win for £10, you'd get back £7.40 (less Betfair commission). You're therefore risking more than the reward.

However, you can "lay" Southend for 1.75, meaning that if you laid £10, you'd only be risking £7.50 and the bet would win if Southend didn't, i.e. if the game was a draw or Barnet got the points.

The way I look at this is by saying to myself, "If I could pay an amount of money to gurantee a Southend win, how much would that be?" I then lay Southend to risk that amount. If we win, then that's the amount I've paid to get the win. If we draw or lose, then the pain is nullified by my winnings.

Simples.

This came in very handy after the bloody annoyance at conceding the last minute goals at Plymouth and at home to Accrington and my winnings purchased the alcohol I used to drown my sorrows.

Barnet are rubbish and Allen will only be polishing a ****. 4-0 Blues (just as I predicted against Bradford).

The players who were there last season might not be so happy to see him back though, after he walked out on them after 3 games! Ditto the fans.
Theyre still a very poor team,especially in defence. If Freddy, Hall and Mohsni are on their game it should be a 3 or 4 nil win.

Whenever I think we're nailed on for an easy win we lose, so I'm afraid its a shabby 0-1 defeat for me..

I dont care how "inspirational" Mr Allen is.

If Barnet turn us over tonight, it will be because they wanted it more. Nothing more, nothing less.

Let's face it, player for player we are streets ahead of them.

I can handle losing to a "better" side. But I and I am sure Luggy will not tolerate losing because we lacked "effort" and "desire" If this proves to be the case this evening, then the players need to question whether they want to be here.

I am expecting three points this evening lads. Do your job.

On another note. I sincerely hope Barnet stay up. Nice little club and always have a great away day there. Much rather Macclesfield and Hereford waved goodbye to league football.

If Barnet turn us over tonight, it will be because they wanted it more. Nothing more, nothing less.

I can handle losing to a "better" side. But I and I am sure Luggy will not tolerate losing because we lacked "effort" and "desire" If this proves to be the case this evening, then the players need to question whether they want to be here.

I am expecting three points this evening lads. Do your job.

On another note. I sincerely hope Barnet stay up. Nice little club and always have a great away day there. Much rather Macclesfield and Hereford waved goodbye to league football.

Agree with that completely.

Barnet are rubbish and Allen will only be polishing a ****. 4-0 Blues (just as I predicted against Bradford).

Co-incidence ... same ref (assuming you mean the home defeat rather than the away defeat).

He's tolerated it plenty of times already this season !

I expect an improved performance from Barnet but still hopefull we can get the three points required to secure a play off position.
Whilst I understand your logic no amount of cash (short of a lottery win) would improve my mood in the short term following a poor result so I could never back against us.

Strange move from Barnet to fire Sanchez with just 3 games left. Barnet are a Non-League club in all but name who have been over achieving for years. Just staying in the League is a major achievement for them and Sanchez kept them up last season after Allen walked out of them and was set to do it again but now for some bizarre reason they believe bringing in Allen will make a difference. Lets hope we stuff tonight and Hereford can somehow overtake them. WOuld love to see Hereford stay up if we dont go up then its a pretty safe 6 points next season against Hereford.

Barnet have slumped a fair bit lately and a friend of mine who is a supporter of them has been encouraging me for a while to lump on them getting relegated. Personally I think they'd have survived regardless of making the change but it seems like Sanchez had lost key members of the dressing room (McLeod has seemingly coasted through games lately) and I think he lost a lot of goodwill from the Club and its fans when he touted himself for the Northern Ireland job a while back.

Betting against mu team .. never

1st game home game for a few months got Family from Australia going

We have booked about 10 tickets for the east yellows getting excited hope the boys in the North Bank are on form tonight as I said Roots Hall is starting to Rock again like the good ole days

Anyway I am betting on a Southend United FC 3.1 Win tonight ( HOPE YOU ARE READING THIS UNCLE PAUL STURROCK)

Roll on the Railway Arms

I Honestly say really I have missed going TBH and Love Friday Night :thumbsup:

They are woeful, we will destroy them with flowing attacking football, Eastwood to score twice at least.

Gregos Traitorelli........

We do have a habit of playing crap against crap sides.....That worries me as they have strikers capable of ruining our defence.

That is a huge assumption to make before the game has even kicked off. There are plenty of scenarios that involve us losing, but not lacking desire.

(Needless to say I hope none of them come to fruition and that we completely batter them!)

I don't think football is quite as simple as that!

It gets said every time we lose, its because we didnt want to win.

As you say, lots of factors involved in a football match, both teams want to win it and whilst the right mental attitude plays a big part theres the small factor of whether the other team plays better for a start.

The positive from tonight is they must surely come to try to win and not play for a draw. A draw is better for us than them.

I like fbm cannot see us winning at all tonight and think we might end up with a relative mauling. 3-0 to Barnet. The human desire for survival is greater than that for success.

However, unlike fbm I don't think we are already in the play-off's and can see Crewe overtaking us unless we can confirm the points against, a probbaly by then already relegated Macclesfield. Oxford will defintely beat us.

I like fbm cannot see us winning at all tonight and think we might end up with a relative mauling. 3-0 to Barnet. The human desire for survival is greater than that for success.

However, unlike fbm I don't think we are already in the play-off's and can see Crewe overtaking us unless we can confirm the points against, a probbaly by then already relegated Macclesfield. Oxford will defintely beat us.

A typical upbeat post.

www.samaritans.com

How you can you go to any games with such a defeatist attitude ?

Lol 3-0 to Barnet. Absurd.

We may not win, we may even have one of those awful 1-0 defeats that we like have had at home.

But to be beaten 3-0 by a team who havent won in yonks is ridiculous.

We dont need to win any more games to be in the playoffs if Crewe dont win all 3. The same Crewe who have got to play Cheltenham and then Torquay away!

Whats more likely, Crewe to get 6 points out of those two games, or us to get 2 points out of our 3 remaining?

One win or two draws is enough to see us through even if they do. Even the most pessimistic of people should be able to look at those facts and realise the chances of us missing out now are extremely remote.

Be pessimistic about winning the playoffs by all means but lets try to at least show a little realism until then.

Back