• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Palace are the first

Everyone but Swindon will be interested in him. He's going to go, I just hope that when he does we get a club changing amount of money for his talents. In the meantime I'm just going to enjoy watching him play.

Palace aren’t the first and certainly won’t be the last.

We will just have to get used to rumours. I’ll be amazed if he hasn’t already been approached illegally, with some fantastic figures.

Even if he has nothing will happen to the big boy offenders.

Not going to be the first or last. Enjoy him whilst we can!
We have to accept our younger, better players will move on. as Dru will.
Good bit of business tying Dru down to a 4 year deal though.!
We just have to make sure we get the correct deal for S.U.F.C.; but not forgetting
Dru who did not have to sign that deal.

I don’t think this is anything other than rumour mongering. Look he’s going to go sooner or later but he’s not going to go to any team where he’s considered “one for the future” and palmed off into the 23s.....so that basically rules out all the Premier League clubs!!

Palace in particular have Nya Kirby in the exact same mould as Dru in the same position and the same age....Nya was part of the England squad of year 2000s that lost the euro final on pens in 2016 and won the World Cup last year....and he’s drifting along in their 23s still.....

I’d be more concerned if you start hearing of progressive Championship clubs sniffing around....then you may have a problem keeping him.

Everyone but Swindon will be interested in him. He's going to go, I just hope that when he does we get a club changing amount of money for his talents. In the meantime I'm just going to enjoy watching him play.

I know you won’t admit this but don’t we have a certain person at Swindon to thank when it comes to all things Dru.

I know you won’t admit this but don’t we have a certain person at Swindon to thank when it comes to all things Dru.

That's a fair point, Brown was instrumental in giving Dru a 4 year contract. If he had been on a 1 or 2 year deal we'd be relying on a tribunal to set a price when he inevitably leaves.

I doubt he'll go anywhere before the end of the season, when he does I'd be looking for £2 mil minimum. Could Dru beat Collymore and take the record as our biggest ever transfer fee received?

Does anyone know what the record sale for a league one player is? I'm guessing it might have been Dele Alli, I think he wen for around the 5-6mil mark.

Crazy money when you think how good he has become.

That's a fair point, Brown was instrumental in giving Dru a 4 year contract. If he had been on a 1 or 2 year deal we'd be relying on a tribunal to set a price when he inevitably leaves.

I doubt he'll go anywhere before the end of the season, when he does I'd be looking for £2 mil minimum. Could Dru beat Collymore and take the record as our biggest ever transfer fee received?

The Collymore sale was over 25 years ago. In todays figures, that has to be near the 10m mark

Lookman cost £11m from Charlton and then £8m for Delph when he was at Leeds.

“The report claims that Palace are interested in the youngster after seeing his development monitored by current sporting direct Dougie Freedman, who spent the last days of his career with Southend and has been keeping an eye on Yearwood ever since.”

He did well to do that seeing as 10-year-old Dru didn’t join our youth system until a year after Freedman had left.

For me this would be a perfect time for a premier league club to buy him and then offer a season long loan back to us so he can continue his development in first team football. It's amazing that he's still only 18 years old (born in February 2000!) - should have a great future ahead of him.

Still love to see him go overseas to the bundesliga to further his career. As i said once before i think Dortmund would be a great club where he can really develop into a future England player ,hopefully when he goes it will be for no less than 5mil as someone else said .with a good sell on clause.

Absolutely not.

Ricky Duncan.
Still love to see him go overseas to the bundesliga to further his career. As i said once before i think Dortmund would be a great club where he can really develop into a future England player ,hopefully when he goes it will be for no less than 5mil as someone else said .with a good sell on clause.

Why would he Need to go to Germany? He is doing much better than most players his age right here in the beautiful Essex riviera.

He is down to earth lad who was happy to join in at the annual Southend Crikett match etc....I Certianly wouldn’t advise going abroad for a lad like that.

Back