• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Palace are the first

A long contract is ok.....?up to a point BUT when someone waves weekly pay fees in front of him with 4 zeros at the end then it is the end for him with us.

Dru is our best and most exciting young prospect since Chico Hamilton and then Peter Taylor in my opinion. I feel sure he will go on to play in the premiership in time but he should stay with us for another season.

Payne is a work in progress that may or may not achieve the potential Huddersfield saw in him. He may have already peaked. Bentley has already proven his credentials to play at a higher level and could still go higher yet. Leonard has struggled but may be getting to grips with higher level football and I really rated him.

Dru is, in my view, a class above. Some seem to think a PL move means he will be dumped in the stiffs and it would be a mistake. The thing with PL reserves is that the standout players, with the right application as much as the ability, can get opportunities in the first team. Moreso now I suggest. Younger stars are more to the force. Dru deserves the chance to get top class coaching and facilities and the sooner the better. He looks just the right kind of individual to benefit from it and to grab the opportunity to prove his true ability.

We, the fans and club, are desperate to keep him because he is so good. Very few, with his natural ability, come through at his age, at this level, and are consistent. The way he has bounced back after his injury is testament to his dedication. It would be criminal to hold him back just for our own benefit.

CP should know exactly what Dru needs. He himself stayed at our club too long as a player and it curtailed the career he had at the top level when he was clearly good enough. Yes CP did well but much of it came later than it could have been.

Dru is 18 though. Even if he stayed for the next 2 years he’d only be 20-21. I don’t see him staying that long but if he leaves within the next 6-12 months he may well follow a similar path to Jack Payne.

Dru Yearwood isn’t the finished article just yet but he has the potential to be one hell of a player. He’s at his best when he drives forward with the ball, often away from home when we play on the counter. But he’s yet to add goals to his game and he’s definitely capable of supplying more assists. Regular football is guaranteed for him here and will only improve him as a player as he gains experience and knowledge of when to release the ball, when to shoot, etc.

Once he’s got those weapons in his arsenal we won’t be able to fend the offers away anymore but he will have given adequate service and I’ll wish him all the best personally.

For me this would be a perfect time for a premier league club to buy him and then offer a season long loan back to us so he can continue his development in first team football. It's amazing that he's still only 18 years old (born in February 2000!) - should have a great future ahead of him.

How often does that really happen?

And I cannot see a club paying a decent fee for a promising young player and then loan him to a club with a long-term injury hoodoo hanging over it.

Agree this loan back thing is often mentioned but can’t see where it ever happens

Can’t see him going Jan

End of season well that depends on who, how much and what league we are in

How often does that really happen?

And I cannot see a club paying a decent fee for a promising young player and then loan him to a club with a long-term injury hoodoo hanging over it.

Tottenham did it with Dele Alli, they signed him in the January transfer window and loaned him back to MK for the rest of the season.

It maybe that Dru has to go in January to finance new talent coming in/HMRC back tax/Outstanding wages/all of the above. If he does go then Ron must get as much as possible, starting at £5m and see how a bidding war pans out.

Back