• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Palestine is a country.

In the eyes of Sweden.
Which in my foolish humble opinion is a bit strange because Sweden as a whole did not make this decision but 10 or 20 politicions did.
If they held a referendum then great the majority of Sweden recognises Palestine as a country,no probs,job done but in my blind eyes the fact that a goverment suddenly decides that an area of land is now a country leaves a bad taste in my mouth,politics is pants.
SO good thing or bad?

In the eyes of Sweden.
Which in my foolish humble opinion is a bit strange because Sweden as a whole did not make this decision but 10 or 20 politicions did.
If they held a referendum then great the majority of Sweden recognises Palestine as a country,no probs,job done but in my blind eyes the fact that a goverment suddenly decides that an area of land is now a country leaves a bad taste in my mouth,politics is pants.
SO good thing or bad?

A good thing,IMO.

Remember the longest journey starts with the first step.

Depends on what the palestinians want and who ends up paying what for it. I doubt Israel will end up with the star prize. No doubt it will probably be their fault anyway.

Palestine can be a country any time they want. Israel does not oppose a Palestinian state, they just oppose a Palestinian state that is committed to the destruction of Israel. The Palestinians and their useful idiot allies like Barnaby stand in the way of peace. But hey, let's not let that stop us from blaming the Jews, right?

Palestine can be a country any time they want. Israel does not oppose a Palestinian state, they just oppose a Palestinian state that is committed to the destruction of Israel. The Palestinians and their useful idiot allies like Barnaby stand in the way of peace. But hey, let's not let that stop us from blaming the Jews, right?

The Jews, an interesting concept. The Palestinians are not against the Jews. They are against Israelis who have, in their view, taken (or been given) their land. What isn't debatable is that Israel has then built walls around the place (cor, imagine if they did that in somewhere like, for example, Berlin. There'd be a terrible row) and cut off the water. And in return Palestinians hurl basic rockets over the border. Israel then over reacts for a few months. And this is repeated every few years or so.

Maybe its time to stop blaming; because actually you may find the blame ends up a lot closer to home than is comfortable, and start trying to reconcile the differences so that people stop getting killed.

If it can be in Northern Ireland, it can be done anywhere.

Do you still write home for food packages, btw ;)

hopefully it will stop Hamas lobbing missiles in to Israel. Don't hold your breath. Real lower sixth student posturing.
BTW did anyone see the Gatekeepers on BBC the other night. Fascinating stuff with interviews with some of Israel's security chiefs (6 former heads of Shin Bet the Israeli domestic secirty agency). It also includes the build up (Oslo accord) and Yitzhak Rabin's assasination. Not easy viewing at all. As one of the heads said (they speak to Palestinan heads all the time) "our victory is to see you (the Jews) suffer". When will it end. You tell me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04lxjbf/storyville-20132014-34-the-gatekeepers

Back