• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Panel opt to uphold Wanderers penalty

Evening Echo

The News
AN appeals panel has upheld the penalty imposed on Bolton over their failure to fulfil fixtures after the EFL had challenged it for being too lenient.

More...

AN appeals panel has upheld the penalty imposed on Bolton over their failure to fulfil fixtures after the EFL had challenged it for being too lenient.

More...

I think there are a number of teams around the top of the table that are going to be mighty upset about this. Peterborough, for example, who are currently just inside the playoff places. They beat Bolton 1-0, but played them in December. If they lose out to a team that gained 3 points by playing Bolton earlier in the season when they were putting out their youth team I can see them kicking up a fuss.

Bolton have hidden behind rules here regarding their youngsters. They never had those youngsters best interests at heart! They knew they would be getting players in and they would stand more of a chance of getting results if they games were postponed. But at the end of the day it was their own fault they were in that position in the first place.

I thought this verdict would be the case and you can't blame them for doing everything possible to try and stay in the league. But it certainly isn't fair if they stay up by say 1 point and another team goes down because of it!

Had it been Bury not Bolton it would have been another deduction- the only people who held responsibility for the age of the available players was Bolton and so it can't then be an excuse not to comply with the rules.

Bolton have hidden behind rules here regarding their youngsters. They never had those youngsters best interests at heart! They knew they would be getting players in and they would stand more of a chance of getting results if they games were postponed. But at the end of the day it was their own fault they were in that position in the first place.

I thought this verdict would be the case and you can't blame them for doing everything possible to try and stay in the league. But it certainly isn't fair if they stay up by say 1 point and another team goes down because of it!

I would mention Southend in that bracket, but we know that Bolton will be clear of us by at least 20 points, come May time

:Cry:

Didn't Macclesfield lose points for unfulfilled fixtures? Funny their punishment wasnt suspended. Not a big enough club I suppose.

I would mention Southend in that bracket, but we know that Bolton will be clear of us by at least 20 points, come May time

:Cry:

very true, that's why I'm not that fussed but I do still think its unfair and could have a huge affect on other clubs who could go down in their place.

Back