• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SS3

PessimisticallyOptimistic
So, this is bound to be mentioned on here at some point.. So thought I would get in there and start a thread on the dubious and nonsensical rumours that usually arise when a manager in the English game is sacked and a position becomes available...

I'm not saying brown is in the running for this, but I suspect a lot of people will start making accusations about how he will jump try and jump ship.. or alternatively Big Sam may get the job and want him as his Number 2 - again, not saying its likely but just getting the rumour mill started....

And until there is any semblance of a mention about Brown and Palace, this belongs in the General Football thread.

Never been a big supporter of AP, especially when touted as a possible England manager, however he has done a fair job at Palace, and will agree S.A.M think Palace may regret it

Can see Big Sam in the frame for this relegation battle club

shame its a results game and its up to the chairman whether to stick or twist.

Big Sam is 1/6 to take over

Will Fat Sam take Phil Brown as his no. 2 ? maybe with a view to taking over in a couple of seasons?

Blah, Blah; Palace, Blah, Blah; Phil, Blah, Blah; Big Sam; blah, blah; no.2...

The job is Big bent Sam's, but Phil won't be following him. End of.

PB turned down (allegedly) the '2' job at Sunderland so why would he take the Palace job behind Allardyce? We'll be playing them in the Championship next season anyway!!

Blah, Blah; Palace, Blah, Blah; Phil, Blah, Blah; Big Sam; blah, blah; no.2...

The job is Big bent Sam's, but Phil won't be following him. End of.

PB turned down (allegedly) the '2' job at Sunderland so why would he take the Palace job behind Allardyce? We'll be playing them in the Championship next season anyway!!

I dare say PB regretted not taking that Sunderland job back in September. So you never know.

I dare say PB regretted not taking that Sunderland job back in September. So you never know.

Maybe... Who knows, if he had taken the No2 there he could either be i) Sunderland boss, ii) England boss by default (after becoming Sam's no2, then caretaker after Sam's 'pint of wine' incident; then England manager, or iii) on the dole !?

But he's still here and doing a good job at the moment...

Hardly surprising. Pardew is one of the most overrated and idiotic managers around. Some of the crap that he comes out with is hilarious. This inevitably means that he'll get hired by the FA at some point.

Pards is a decent manager in my view,managed Newcastle to top 10 and look where they are now since he left,Palace also did well last season.

Hardly surprising. Pardew is one of the most overrated and idiotic managers around. Some of the crap that he comes out with is hilarious. This inevitably means that he'll get hired by the FA at some point.

Exactly this! It baffles me that his name was being heavily linked to become the England manager when Sam got the job.

Football is officially sold out to money. None of the morals that apply in the real world seem to happen here. If this was banking/finance there would be a global public outcry.
True enough but if rumour is correct AP is no paragon of virtue with many forays into his players' partners, or club staff's panties. Behaviour which in many industries would be heavily sanctioned on.

Football is officially sold out to money. None of the morals that apply in the real world seem to happen here. If this was banking/finance there would be a global public outcry.

:hilarious: Good one. There are even less morals in high finance than there is in football.

Nice try but there are regulations that prevent anyone being caught from ever being part of the industry again, especially when it comes to bribery.

Please explain why so few bankers wordwide have ended up in jail for their part in the 2007/8 crash?

Or didn't they do anything wrong?

Last edited:
Please explain why so few bankers wordwide have ended up in jail for their part in the 2007/8 crash?

Or didn't they do anything wrong?
few have been prosecuted as a Complainant is regularly required to start the process and the banks were the main losers. the Board, CEO etc aren't likely to complain about themselves. But seriously I understand your point and the regulators ought to have been firmer, harder and more focuses on " getting" those involved in the banks' fraudulent and corrupt strategy to do sham business for short term, quick profit without full risk cover BUT these regulators are run by Guv personnel who are chums with the CEOs so the corruption and nepotism is full circle and possibly includes a few sweetners.
Not the answer you want but IMO close to the likely circumstances.

Back