• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Parenting

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
So I got married had a beautiful little girl called sapphire, we are now divorced but my question is how can I assert what I want as a father, my ex wife is good as gold and I have no issue or legal issue in seeing my daughter but it just seems like I can’t ever instil my opinion it becomes and after thought.

how do I address this? Divorced Fathers out there shout me up

This is one of the things you have to deal with, trust the mother brings her up the right way and just hope she meets or meets another partner that won’t cause arguments or rows between you all along the way, make the most of the days you get with your daughter as b4 you know it she’ll be 16 and going her own way in life, see as much as you can of her while it lasts and try to get on with the ex as much as possible as there will be good and bad times for sure:Thumbs up:

This is one of the things you have to deal with, trust the mother brings her up the right way and just hope she meets or meets another partner that won’t cause arguments or rows between you all along the way, make the most of the days you get with your daughter as b4 you know it she’ll be 16 and going her own way in life, see as much as you can of her while it lasts and try to get on with the ex as much as possible as there will be good and bad times for sure:Thumbs up:
Cheers mate it’s hard it’s a feeling of having no control

This unfortunately this is currently happening with my son.Unless the father has custody of the children 9x out of 10 it's the mother that brings the children up on a day to day basis and you are on the perifary. I hope that the relationship with your ex wife is amicable just spend as much time with your daughter as you can as has already been said before you know it they grow up and leave the nest

Cheers mate it’s hard it’s a feeling of having no control
Yep your right there, I can remember when I was in a similar position, even tho it may not be your fault in splitting up with the mother it just makes you feel so guilty and helpless that your not there for your daughter 24 hours a day, you do get used to it in time also.

I had nightmares with my eldest son.

His mum has a completely different way of living to me and her morals are well off at times.

He came to live with me and now he lives a much more happier and productive life.

The flip side is that I also have a daughter with another ex. She is a complete psychopath. My daughter is now 8 and I haven't seen her since she was two. She now lives in Devon.

At the end of the day, all you can do is your best mate.

Back