• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Parking at Lego Stadium -- Go by TZ Coaches.

McNasty

Just been on the Col Ewe forum and amongst the threads about their great non-victory today there is concern that traffic wardens booked 300 cars as the industrial estate car park was closed.

Watch where you park next month when we visit.

You have been warned, the traffic Gestapo are after your money. :thumbdown:

Oh God great news,,,,I remember it was a nightmare getting away from the ground last season with just about the whole stadium trying to exit into one road. It took me Hr and half just to get off the industrial estate onto the road so town centre parking or the train I think this year.

Just been on the Col Ewe forum and amongst the threads about their great non-victory today there is concern that traffic wardens booked 300 cars as the industrial estate car park was closed.

Use either the Trust coach or the Zone coach, it is cheaper than a parking fine and it seems that the coaches get out before the cars, the added plus is that you can also have a drink. We can do them again this year, they are on a downward spiral. UTB.

One solution is to park on the Highwoods housing estate and walk from there (about 20 mins walk). Did it last year and was fine.

Daft thing is that with that walk and the extra time prob in getting out of the stadium (celebrating our victory) it will take me longer to get home to Suffolk than it does from Roots.

You can also park almost all the way up Mile End Road, the road from the Station to the Ground, which is Permit Holders only between something like 10 & 11am just to stop people parking there and going to the Station.

A lot of people say Colchester's ground is a nightmare for parking - it's only a nightmare if, like the majority of the British Public, you're too lazy to park a 10-20 minute walk away!

Don't suppose you by chance know if they belonged to visiting supporters? Maybe their chairman was sponsoring the wardens if so.

Where's Colchester and Proud when you need him ? - Too busy texting BBC Essex I guess :)

Don't suppose you by chance know if they belonged to visiting supporters? Maybe their chairman was sponsoring the wardens if so.

Where's Colchester and Proud when you need him ? - Too busy texting BBC Essex I guess :)

The post was by a Col Ewe fan but I am sure the sad people who work as traffic wardens don't discriminate ---- too busy working out their productivity bonuses.

Why risk a £30 parking ticket at the Care in the Community Stadium when it is only £10 to travel by Travel Zone coaches ?

PM The Watermill Wino to reserve a seat.

The post was by a Col Ewe fan but I am sure the sad people who work as traffic wardens don't discriminate ---- too busy working out their productivity bonuses.

It seems that CUFC have started to take over the resonsiblity for Match Day Parking from the Norwich Game from Essex Police, and it goes on to mention that the penalty for parking in restricted areas £ 70

if this is the case 300 cars at £70 a pop = £ 21,000.00 a nice little earner

It is also worth mentioning, the away end is at the opposite end of the ground, to which we had last season. Last season they were still completeing a slip road behind the now away end direct onto the A12.

Anybody know if thats been finished? As this would allow direct exit for the coaches onto the A12, instead of taking an hour to get back to the A12 like last season.

Why risk a £30 parking ticket at the Care in the Community Stadium when it is only £10 to travel by Travel Zone coaches ?

PM The Watermill Wino to reserve a seat.

Makes perfect sense to me Ken....Book your seats guy's whilst there are a few left :)

I am here :)

One of the main industrial parks near the stadium was closed by the Police, meaning hundreds of car parking spaces were lost, The Rapid car park was full by 2pm and so was Flakt Woods, the club car park sold out in advance sales before the day. There were home and away fans cars all over the place on grass verges and in roads marked as no parking, it would seem after the game started the wardens were out in force and nicked many people both home and away.

It is also worth mentioning, the away end is at the opposite end of the ground, to which we had last season. Last season they were still completeing a slip road behind the now away end direct onto the A12.

Anybody know if thats been finished? As this would allow direct exit for the coaches onto the A12, instead of taking an hour to get back to the A12 like last season.

No it was only started a month ago, the project is not going to be finished for around 18 months, there is going to be all sorts of additional things built including a park and ride on the other side of the A12 with a pedestrian bridge leading to an underpass and the stadium.

Back