• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Parking civic centre lower

Firestorm

Pedant
Left early today and got there to see a warden ticketing every car parked in the underground section. Had a word and it was for none of them being permit holders.
Asked why it was being enforced at weekends , as the permits are foe senior personnel at the Civic, who don’t work Saturdays and he just repeated Permit holders only. He also told us, when we asked how long it’s been in place and how come we have never been ticketed previously, that we were lucky.
Could have just been in the run up to Xmas, but I guess that rules out that area in future.

I park at the lower level every home game and never had a problem, but for a ticket today. I recall other people getting tickets previously and they were cancelled?

I park at the lower level every home game and never had a problem, but for a ticket today. I recall other people getting tickets previously and they were cancelled?

The Warden is obviously trying to beat his monthly target, to receive his Christmas bonus, a new moped to get around town quicker?.

Civic centre has always been advertised as a place to park for matchdays on a weekend - surely if this had changed, there would be notices?

Yep, spot on. If that car park is open on a Saturday it cannot be enforced for permit holders only. It's quite clear on the website.

As someone else has said this did happen before and all the tickets were cancelled.
The permit parking is only Monday - Friday and weekends is available for all however, you do still have to purchase a pay and display ticket

Thanks for that...we went on Sat, parked on the lower level, but no ticket penalty notice....we did purchase a pay and display ticket though.

Maybe the warden was being random in his selection :Unsure:

Thanks for that...we went on Sat, parked on the lower level, but no ticket penalty notice....we did purchase a pay and display ticket though.

Maybe the warden was being random in his selection :Unsure:
He did one half of the car park and not the other, presumably ran out of tickets.

Yeah, or, reached his quota, as mentioned above.

Surely all will be appealed / rescinded....unless they're betting on folk just paying without querying.

We've had this before. I've spoken to a number of Councillors about this and it's quite clear that you CAN park in the lower level on Saturdays (£3). If you appeal you will win, send in the screen shot of the Website. Worth contacting either Councillors Martin Terry or Paul Collins (both Roots Hall Seasons) who are aware of this from past issues.( cllrterry@southend.gov.uk / cllrcollins@southend.gov.uk)

Much obliged.

Which begs the question, why does a parking attendant issue tickets?

I've raised this with Cllrs Collins and Terry who sit on the appropriate committee and they tell me this will be addresses, anyone with a ticket should appeal.

I've never understood why people park so far from the ground or pay for parking when street parking is a doddle for every home game.

I've never understood why people park so far from the ground or pay for parking when street parking is a doddle for every home game.
At the expense of local residents. It is considerate to park elsewhere and pay a small fee for that, it then doesnt impede on those who live near by

Back