• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Parking civic centre lower

There are clear lines on the floor for a purpose, plenty of pedestrians do not stick to them in my experience, and spread out across the road bit. There are two lanes exiting the ground, one to go left and one to go right - some people do not realise and sit in the middle which result in what you just described.

Unfortunately, since we stopped having a policeman there to help get traffic out of the car park, this situation has worsened.

Without a doubt, sometimes it's the walking fans, and sometimes it's the drivers. Both can't be trusted to stick to the correct side of the white lines. Everyone is in such a rush to get out. Most of the time, it's the walking fans that spread out across, and dodge in and out of the moving cars. Last Saturday it was a driver. So as both can't be trusted, they should be separated by time.

I stopped parking in there for a number of reasons, the main one being that the stewards act like little Fuhrers and I can't stand them. I was threatened with having my car clamped because I left a space between my car and the car that had just parked. I tried to explain I was in a hurry and didn't have time to wait for them to get out and close their doors. (It was a 3 generation family with some very slow old and young people). I pointed out I had left enough room for them to fill the space with another car when they were ready. The steward then threatened to clamp my car even if I did move it, at which point I pointed out there was no benefit in me moving. He then called over the security at which point the steward flatly refused to admit that he had threatened to clamp my car even if I did move it.

I've never parked in there since.
That's very bad when you are paying for a service.Roy the older steward been here years is helpful.

Most Saturdays it seems to me it's a miracle there's not an accident, too many impatient drivers cant wait to get out of the car park (the guy in the big Porsche is a serial offender), trying to literally push their way through all the people walking out. I've raised this before for discussion at liason meetings and it's clearly fallen on deaf ears. I fear it will take an accident before something is done. At some other grounds the traffic is held by stewards for 5-10 mins after the game to allow the crowds to walk out, once cleared the cars can go, it's not difficult, the club should be doing this.

That's very bad when you are paying for a service.Roy the older steward been here years is helpful.

He certainly has, possibly 25 years or so.

The London Marathon used to give every league club 4 free places for their race and the football clubs would use them for charity money raising or to get a few "names" (such as Phil Brown or SCP) running. Roy regularly got a club place & ran London Marathon in a Southend shirt and raised money.
I don't think the Marathon organisers do it anymore as it is so massively oversubscribed and not short of publicilty; and Roy is in his 60s now so I don't think he runs distance anymore BUT he is a steady, happy chap for sure.

The London Marathon used to give every league club 4 free places for their race and the football clubs would use them for charity money raising or to get a few "names" (such as Phil Brown or SCP) running. Roy regularly got a club place & ran London Marathon in a Southend shirt and raised money.
I don't think the Marathon organisers do it anymore as it is so massively oversubscribed and not short of publicilty; and Roy is in his 60s now so I don't think he runs distance anymore BUT he is a steady, happy chap for sure.
Think he has been at the club since 1979 he said! Good bloke and great to have at our club

Most Saturdays it seems to me it's a miracle there's not an accident, too many impatient drivers cant wait to get out of the car park (the guy in the big Porsche is a serial offender), trying to literally push their way through all the people walking out. I've raised this before for discussion at liason meetings and it's clearly fallen on deaf ears. I fear it will take an accident before something is done. At some other grounds the traffic is held by stewards for 5-10 mins after the game to allow the crowds to walk out, once cleared the cars can go, it's not difficult, the club should be doing this.

That's what I said. There seems to be 2 or 3 drivers that have no patience or care of others and actually nudge people out of the way with their cars. They know what they're doing. Sometimes it boils over into a heated argument when a fan has been clipped. But like I said, the fans also walk in and out of the moving cars, so something needs to be done, and the time delay is the best solution.

I used to Run with Roy at Southend AC in the mid 80's

When my season ticket included a parking space, I only used it about 40 % of the time. Despite many phone calls and reminders my name was never on the list. I always found the lads fine we me, as I never blamed them. In the end it became a standing joke and they would just have a laugh and wave me through.

Just got a message ,

After a full investigation it become apparent that the Civil Enforcement Officer should not have issued the PCN.

May I take this opportunity to appoligise to you on behalf of the Civil Enforcement Officer (CEO) for any inconvenience that this might have caused and measures have been put into place to ensure that it does not happen again.

I am therefore obliged to cancel the PCN.

I mitigation for the CEO, nowhere on any of the signage does it say weekdays only .........

Just got a message ,

After a full investigation it become apparent that the Civil Enforcement Officer should not have issued the PCN.

I mitigation for the CEO, nowhere on any of the signage does it say weekdays only .........

So surely they need a new sign that makes it clear for drivers and CEO's.

Or a Traffic Warden who is aware of the rules for that car park.

It's hardly rocket science.

In fact, here's the training course details :

9:30am - Introduction to parking laws
9:35am - Handing out of ticket books
9:40am - List of local car parks and rules to learn
9:45am - Course completion
Coffee Break
10:00am - Begin job

Yep, that fella who handed out the parking tickets on Saturday.

Just got a message ,

May I take this opportunity to appoligise to you on behalf of the Civil Enforcement Officer (CEO) for any inconvenience that this might have caused and measures have been put into place to ensure that it does not happen again.

I am therefore obliged to cancel the PCN.

Sure there is a sign saying permit holders only - Monday to Friday !

There must be a sign of some sort for old matey boy to have known to issue an incorrect ticket in the first place.

Back