• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Parking Home Games

HypoTypo

Living The Dream
Just a quick question, who drives to RH and parks, and where do you park at what cost?

I know a few use the civic centre, is there anywhere else.

Might have to use car next week due to my chauffeur being otherwise engaged :Thumbs down:

I always drive to Roots Hall being an exile and when I do I always park by Aldi. Used to park in Aldi but it’s just too busy if you get there at a good time just down the road there is plenty of road to park on.

Normally park in one of the roads off of West Road, near to the ‘Tap’

Also sometimes park near Chalkwell Park if the weather is nice and walk the rest of the way.

Parking closer to RH is generally a pain.

If you live East of Southend then Ruskin Avenue just off Sutton Road is the best bet, about ten minutes walk to the ground.

Very little chance of getting a space in Shakespeare Drive, sometimes Gainsborough Drive has a few spaces but normally we use MacDonald Avenue.

I am fairly local so know most of these roads thanks guys.
Was also looking at civic centre if I get there early enough and can get a space

Do you grab a fillet 'o' fish and a thick shake while your there :Smile2::Smile2::Thumbs up:
That;s not the same place, silly. If you want that then it's down the high street for you. I hate the food chain with a vengeance unless I've had a few beers and then for some reason beyond me it's ok.

As an exile I always need parking when visiting the Hall. Any one of the one way streets west of Shakespeare drive has always coughed up a space for me - usually quite quickly. Only very rarely indeed have I drawn a blank.

Having said that, it does seem to be getting busier and busier, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s chock a block now so I’d highly recommend that everyone look elsewhere for parking. Ta muchly.

That;s not the same place, silly. If you want that then it's down the high street for you. I hate the food chain with a vengeance unless I've had a few beers and then for some reason beyond me it's ok.

Just making sure you was awake :Thumbs up: I'm also not a huge lover of it apart from the chicken selects :Clap:

As an exile I always need parking when visiting the Hall. Any one of the one way streets west of Shakespeare drive has always coughed up a space for me - usually quite quickly. Only very rarely indeed have I drawn a blank.

Having said that, it does seem to be getting busier and busier, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s chock a block now so I’d highly recommend that everyone look elsewhere for parking. Ta muchly.

Soon to be yellow lines one side down of all them roads mate (knowing SBC I'm not far from the truth either)

Soon to be yellow lines one side down of all them roads mate (knowing SBC I'm not far from the truth either)

What, double yellows? WTF? Where would the residents park?? Also, why would that step be necessary if you were about to approve a move away from Roots Hall for SUFC?

Back