• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Parliamentary Petition to allow fans back into grounds

Just this.
Others made the comparison between cinema and attending football matches.
Apart from providing entertainment (although I'm not so sure right now with Blues!) I see little to compare.
A cinema showing generally means someone sitting in a socially-distanced seat and leaving at the end. How may people max would that entail under current restrictions? 100?
If Roots Hall allowed 3,000, the chances of Covid catching escalate by a percentage off the scale.
That, and as Thundersley points out, arriving and leaving RH?
What would be the point of socially distanced seating in the first place?
A hundred yards from the ground in Victoria Avenue at the junction of East and West St and with the lights against pedestrians, how many people with face masks off would a fan encounter?
And yet up to 400 to 600 people can still go to some small non-league grounds with very little social distancing inside or outside.

And yet up to 400 to 600 people can still go to some small non-league grounds with very little social distancing inside or outside.
I'm talking from personal experience but I've done a game a week at non league grounds and I've not seen any congregating in the bars or club houses and people being spread out nicely around these grounds. I think those numbers mean people are naturally quite spread out.

I'm talking from personal experience but I've done a game a week at non league grounds and I've not seen any congregating in the bars or club houses and people being spread out nicely around these grounds. I think those numbers mean people are naturally quite spread out.
...therefore, it's a numbers game.
Anything more, and with bottlenecks to-and-from games, one is asking for trouble.
Let's for argument's sake say Blues halved an original suggestion of 3,000, which fell into line with the earlier EFL experiment.
That's still three times the number at your non-league game.
Not only numbers, but percentages come into play.

The surrounding areas are the bigger issue than in the ground itself. I've started to get people turning up to watch my Sunday league side now so I know just how desperate people must be....

Re cinemas I went the other week and they've a new air filtration system that completely purifies the air every fifteen minutes, beggars can't be choosers but it wasn't that quiet and made for an incredibly cold room too....

I'd be surprised if cinemas last much longer, I've taken the kids a couple of times over the last month and each time there was at most 6 people in there which at a fiver a ticket can't be sustainable, especially as no big new movies are being released.

In a way it sums up where football clubs are, if we allow fans in it has to be in enough numbers to make it financially viable, if not clubs will go under.

Yep I have done a few as well. A couple were ok, but some were not.

West Ham v Man City is going to be shown in Vue cinemas this weekend. Times reckons over 100 in each venue including Westfield Stratford....

...therefore, it's a numbers game.
Anything more, and with bottlenecks to-and-from games, one is asking for trouble.
Let's for argument's sake say Blues halved an original suggestion of 3,000, which fell into line with the earlier EFL experiment.
That's still three times the number at your non-league game.
Not only numbers, but percentages come into play.
Things like the bars are not any bigger at Roots Hall than Cockfosters FC for example, it just feels like those teams at the lower level have lucked out as much as anything....

I'd be surprised if cinemas last much longer, I've taken the kids a couple of times over the last month and each time there was at most 6 people in there which at a fiver a ticket can't be sustainable, especially as no big new movies are being released.

In a way it sums up where football clubs are, if we allow fans in it has to be in enough numbers to make it financially viable, if not clubs will go under.
I agree, I keep suggesting going to my girlfriend and she's of the opinion what's on doesn't warrant a cinema trip nor is it enhanced on the big screen. I think I read the Bond show being delayed ultimately was the straw on the camels back for most of the imminent closures...

I agree, I keep suggesting going to my girlfriend and she's of the opinion what's on doesn't warrant a cinema trip nor is it enhanced on the big screen. I think I read the Bond show being delayed ultimately was the straw on the camels back for most of the imminent closures...

I would have thought that any film is enhanced by seeing it on a big screen.Not necessarily by wearing a mask though.

I've been doing the rounds of non league grounds, its very hit and miss.

People tend to crowd round bars and food stalls. Harlow had a one way system, it was a free for all at Bury Town. All but one had the necessary track and trace. Cray Valley in the Cup we all huddled under a roof in the driving rain, it made the strict protocols elsewhere pointless.

Frankly, you'd be much safer sitting in your seat at Roots Hall surrounded by empty seats.

Oh, and you can't go to Dulwich Hamlet coz they're in the NLS.

I've been doing the rounds of non league grounds, its very hit and miss.

People tend to crowd round bars and food stalls. Harlow had a one way system, it was a free for all at Bury Town. All but one had the necessary track and trace. Cray Valley in the Cup we all huddled under a roof in the driving rain, it made the strict protocols elsewhere pointless.

Frankly, you'd be much safer sitting in your seat at Roots Hall surrounded by empty seats.

Oh, and you can't go to Dulwich Hamlet coz they're in the NLS.
I was literally just saying I'm going to be skipping those games with poorer weather for that very huddling reason. I've lucked out it would appear!

Great Wakering Rovers is a safe place to go to, temperatures of all fans are taken and you leave your name and phone details at the entry to the ground. There is plenty of room to distance yourself, last home game attendance was 171. They are home to Histon tomorrow at 3pm.

Great Wakering Rovers is a safe place to go to, temperatures of all fans are taken and you leave your name and phone details at the entry to the ground. There is plenty of room to distance yourself, last home game attendance was 171. They are home to Histon tomorrow at 3pm.

Right on all counts except last home crowd. It's even safer - 119 through the turnstile last game.

Back