• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This is how you keep a political party united.:smile:

utm_campaign=notification_new_upload&utm_medium=email&utm_source=notification&utm_content=htmlwww.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/29/conservative-backbenchers-free-vote-eu-referendum-osborne

Thanks for that. Crystal clear.

Link now fixed.:raspberry:

That's more like it. The Conservatives do love tearing themselves up over Europe don't they.

It'll be interesting to see how things go this week. The speech made by the parliamentary candidate for Uxbridge and South Ruislip will be particularly intriguing.

A vague comment. C'mon Barna, you're a better poster when you're not just copying guardian links.

Don't have that much time, now I've started classes at the LFB again.

Did see Boy George's stomach-churning speech at lunchtime,however.How the Tories can justify what is effectively a cut in benefits (not in pensions of course) for people of working age if they win the next election is beyond me.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-29402844

From the Evening Standard:

Education has faced a “rushed revolution”, allowing poor quality academies to open and free schools to be set up by unsuitable groups, the former chairwoman of Ofsted has warned.
Baroness Sally Morgan, who stepped down from her role at the watchdog this month, said the education world was suffering the consequences of changes which allowed “ideology to trump common sense”.

In what could be seen as an attack on former education secretary Michael Gove, who failed to appoint her for a second term at Ofsted, she said: “Meaningful reform can’t rely solely on passion and vision, nor on ideology; it also entails working with what already exists … 

[video=youtube;0YBumQHPAeU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YBumQHPAeU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

CasetteBoy straight out of the traps with a classic

Have to confess that I thought Cameron made a pretty good speech at conference today.

(Nurse,bring me my pills,please). :smiles:

The best bit was his Freudian slip.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...-speech-patriotically-resenting-the-poor.html

Seeing as our national deficit as a percentage of GDP is higher than it was when the coalition came into power and higher than it was at any time during the preceding Labour govt, I'm really not sure where they expect to find the money to finance these significant tax cuts.

Back