• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Party Venues in Southend Area

pickledseal

cowboy
Anyone hired anywhere reasonable-ish in Southend area for parties?

It's a 30th (not mine) but helping a good friend.
We want somewhere for beginning of March, is this last minute?
Key thing is that it is LATE. Often these venues only allow until midnight-ish.
However often this is when the party is just getting going... general consensus is that we don't want to party and then just end up in Bakers. Especially as theme could well be (19)30's.

In Twop Twips style - save money on decorating a venue to look like the 30s, just go out on Canvey!

Seriously though, I'm not sure because my guess is that most places won't have a late license.

Shrimpers Bar? Though I think you'll be lucky to find anything that doesn't shut after midnight.

And if you need a DJ, look no further than our own Davros. He rocked the house at my wedding.

Upstairs at The Railway is pretty good - went to a gig there recently and was impressed. Not sure how late you could get it for though as I seem to recall being chucked out sometime after midnight. :party:

Upstairs at the Clarence Yard? I went to a 30th there a couple of years back and am pretty sure that it went on til 1/2ish. Maybe.

This place sounds like it's on the way back ...

Welcome to the events guide for the Kursaal Function Suite, Southends perfect venue for all your partys,wedding receptions,birthdays,club nights,school proms,coporate events..Our Venue holds from 200 people upwards with a second room all available for hire and upstairs balcony area..the suite has a fully licensed bar till 2.30am, air conditioned and includes a full intergrated sound system and lighting..Our promotion team Bonafide are responsible for a host of successful events across essex and london... please feel free to contact us on 01702 468830 or check out our website www.kursaalfunctions.com

They had a successful 'Northern Soul' night there not so long ago and I believe that it's picked up a prize for an 'Outstanding Venue' award or some such. Not only that, but what a history ...

This place sounds like it's on the way back ...

Welcome to the events guide for the Kursaal Function Suite, Southends perfect venue for all your partys,wedding receptions,birthdays,club nights,school proms,coporate events..Our Venue holds from 200 people upwards with a second room all available for hire and upstairs balcony area..the suite has a fully licensed bar till 2.30am, air conditioned and includes a full intergrated sound system and lighting..Our promotion team Bonafide are responsible for a host of successful events across essex and london... please feel free to contact us on 01702 468830 or check out our website www.kursaalfunctions.com

They had a successful 'Northern Soul' night there not so long ago and I believe that it's picked up a prize for an 'Outstanding Venue' award or some such. Not only that, but what a history ...

You might want to mention this to a certain SUFC fan we both know who's thinking about having a 60th do later this year.:winking:

The Kursaal would have been great - if we had that many friends and a bit more time!

Decided on a house party instead - older bro convinced ;)

Thank you all for help and advice, as always!

So now for a subtle theme..... don't want anything too difficult/needs lots of planning.

Any more ideas?

Back