• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

    Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

    New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

    Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

    Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Past Meetings

Moody Blues

Ultra Slimline Filter
Jul 2, 2009
Slade Prison
Thought I'd start something new and re-visit a classic match against our opponents. Starting with this weekends visit against Bristol Rovers.

We re-visit 15th February 2005, LDV Vans Trophy Southern Final 1st leg
Bristol Rovers 1 Southend United 2

This game would be best remembered for Mark Gower's sensational goal from the left wing.

This was not a classic performance against a poor Bristol Rovers side, but it only took Lawrie Dudfield eight minutes to score the first goal a well taken header from Lewis Hunt's right wing cross. The next 20 minutes were virtually played exclusively in the Pirates half with no real pressure on the Southend goal.

However in the 29th minute Craig Disley appeared to throw himself to the ground in the box and the referee gave a penalty, adjudging it to be a foul by Barrett. Justice was done when Junior Agogo wasted the chance to equalise by blasting his penalty against the bar.

The game grew a little more even, but the defence coped well and it took an excellent header from a corner by Walker to pull the scores level 10 minutes after the restart. Gower gave the Shrimpers the advantage again then a combination of good defending and good luck at both ends resulted in no further goals.